• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
They remind me of these boots that I saw in the shop this past winter in France...
chassures-de-ski-homme-hades.jpg
chassures-de-ski-homme-hades-1.jpg

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I remember the RX but I don't recognize the red and yellow Kinda- Flexons!

Late model Raichle Flexon from probably mid to late 1990's.

We had a few pair of Raichle Flexons in our family in the late '80s / early '90s.

Crystal Mountain, WA March 1990.
Putting back Mamie's purple Flexon. Her sister had the black & yellow Comp. The cuff of a pair of red and white one is shown in the front.

img005.jpg

Same boots on the snow.
img024.jpg

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Two boots that I really hated a set of Nordica rear entries, either you had pressure points or lose fit. Never could get them dialed in to work well. The predecessor to these boots Raichle, just too soft (for me), at 120lbs I could crush the boot in forward flex. Again snug fit was possible but they flexed too much to offer hold and confidence. I think putting the the skis on bare foot offered more confidence.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I can keep my boots on for 12 hours straight, including standing around coaching/officiating. I do enjoy taking them off, but I never feel stressed to do so before the end of the ski day.

Confess I've never gotten my boot fit to that point. Seems like fantasy land to me. My boots are mostly "fine." They are not "comfortable." My running shoes are comfortable.

I suspect that people who or put a LOT of days in - like 50+ - find their boots more comfortable because their feet adapt out of necessity, just like your butt gets used to being in the saddle.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Confess I've never gotten my boot fit to that point. Seems like fantasy land to me. My boots are mostly "fine." They are not "comfortable." My running shoes are comfortable.

I suspect that people who or put a LOT of days in - like 50+ - find their boots more comfortable because their feet adapt out of necessity, just like your butt gets used to being in the saddle.

I expect you are right, although from day 1 all season, I'm pretty cozy in my boots.