• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I know, you even said as much in the OP. Is the video with your good alignment or your "I can do this drill, but not anything else" alignment? I'm just gonna guess that Ballou is using his everyday boot setup. So what's different? It looks to me like his lateral alignment is better. There is more light between his legs and he doesn't have to bend so far to the side to stay over his outside ski.

Well since the video, i am running even most canting, and generally running my toes higher, as well making my boot flex less with increased stiffness. If anything my alignment has moved towards the alignment that made the doable parts of this drill easier. I am happier with my alignment this year than when the video was taken.

Despite the changes I personally was unable to accomplish outside ski to outside ski with out another point of contact...but so far no one else has either.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
what really irks me about this entire thread is it sat dormant for an entire ski season...now there is no way to actually prove anything on snow for most of us. between post 69(april 15th 2017 and post 70 april 2, 2018)there was 11 months and 19 days had passed. yet not a single person either on this forum or off this forum could objectively do a not carved turn on the outside ski, with no other point of contact.

Now 116 post later, still no one has proven anything else to be true.
Could it be that nobody cares enough to video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online