Colorado The Other Colorado

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by bamaman, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Core2

Core2 Out on the slopes Skier

I was there for the big storm last week and if you didn't have on fat skis you weren't going anywhere. I was on 118s and just had enough float. Wolf Creek is one mountain where you can say "too much snow" without feeling too silly because it happens. It is definitely one of those mountains that you need to know your way around or you can waste a lot of time stuck or in flats. Alberta is basically in bounds backcountry skiing which can be incredible but also the type of place where you do a run and end up stuck in chest deep powder. Not an issue most mountains in CO have to worry about!

2. KansasTraverse

KansasTraverse At the base lodge Skier

Thank you for the comment. My experience makes more sense now. The Soul 7's are 108 underfoot I believe. My ego is in a better place now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2019
  3. Pertion

Pertion At the base lodge Skier

Thank you for sharing pics and report. Maybe will go to Colorado next year with friends.

bamaman likes this.
  4. Thread Starter
    TS
    bamaman

bamaman Getting on the lift Skier

Thanks much for the info. I regret not skiing Wolf Creek. It would have been ideal conditions when I was there. But I ran out of time. But I'm already planning for it next year. ogsmile