• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Official Pugski Members only Private Ski Resort.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I want a prehistoric-themed (dinosaurs and volcanoes!) hot spa with a 15m radius gyrator in the main swimming pool for the once-an-hour bathing suit conga line, a water slide into an indoor/outdoor pool, heated brick radiant warming/drying niches.

Basically, transplant the Römerbad from Bad Kleinkirchheim, put in dinosaurs.

FZ_BadKleinkirchheim_Roemerbad_12.jpg

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
bathing suits in the hot spring...quaint!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Gotcha covered, Karen:

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Longest super pipe any of us has ever seen. It would face dead south too.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Back to the terrain: can we have Mineral Basin on the north side? A few cruisers like say Warm Springs out SV would be good too. Something bumpy perhaps, International out of Alpental would be nice (you'll be entertained).

A funky little on mountain lunch place with a patio to see the world go by would be needed. I would like to recommend the 60's vintage day lodge at a little speed bump named Huff Hill, ND. World class chili and home made soups and the nicest people in the world (just no hill). They will of course need a bevy of micro brews on tap and smaller cellar wines. They will need a little building upgrade though, maybe the John Paul lodge back out of Snowbasin. (or maybe just the John Paul lodge, with better beer?)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Bad Bob, I like the way you think. You will fit in well here.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Back to the terrain: can we have Mineral Basin on the north side? A few cruisers like say Warm Springs out SV would be good too. Something bumpy perhaps, International out of Alpental would be nice (you'll be entertained).

A funky little on mountain lunch place with a patio to see the world go by would be needed. I would like to recommend the 60's vintage day lodge at a little speed bump named Huff Hill, ND. World class chili and home made soups and the nicest people in the world (just no hill). They will of course need a bevy of micro brews on tap and smaller cellar wines. They will need a little building upgrade though, maybe the John Paul lodge back out of Snowbasin. (or maybe just the John Paul lodge, with better beer?)
@Bad Bob @fatbob we have numbers on these guys. We're takin' over here . . . :beercheer:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I am not sure if I missed this because the bulk of the post seem to be about food and restrooms but I think the resort should have a large locker room and each PugSki member gets a free locker big enough to hold the 5 pair of skis and seating with enough space for putting on your boots.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
boot-drying rack

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I am not sure if I missed this because the bulk of the post seem to be about food and restrooms but I think the resort should have a large locker room and each PugSki member gets a free locker big enough to hold the 5 pair of skis and seating with enough space for putting on your boots.

You are pretty much describing my locker and locker room at Sun Peaks and while it will only hold 4 pairs of skis, it has shelves for 2 pair of boots, each with a tube of room temperature air pumped into each boot, as well as room for storing extra clothing and gear. It is not free but at $240CDN for 12 months it is pretty cheap.

If you arrive before 9:30 or so you can park right in front of the Village Daylodge where the locker room is located and you are about 100' from one chair and 200' from another chairlift. The locker room is in the basement and I know of one locker room user who has trouble with stairs so the SP Resort Corp has given her a key to the private kitchen staff elevator.

I was on the waiting list for 7 years before I got my locker. Even then I only got it because some people gave up their lockers when they changed it from seasonal to year round use and raised the rental price. I guess I will leave it in my will to my next of kin when i pass on.

Last edited:
TS
Tony Warren

Tony Warren

Me on the left, The Padre on the right
Skier
You are pretty much describing my locker and locker room at Sun Peaks and while it will only hold 4 pairs of skis, it has shelves for 2 pair of boots, each with a tube of room temperature air pumped into each boot, as well as room for storing extra clothing and gear. It is not free but at $240CDN for 12 months it is pretty cheap.

If you arrive before 9:30 or so you can park right in front of the Village Daylodge where the locker room is located and you are about 100' from one chair and 200' from another chairlift. The locker room is in the basement and I know of one locker room user who has trouble with stairs so the SP Resort Corp has given her a key to the private kitchen staff elevator.

I was on the waiting list for 7 years before I got my locker. Even then I only got it because some people gave up their lockers when they changed it from seasonal to year round use and raised the rental price. I guess I will leave it in my will to my next of kin when i pass on.

I wonder if Apex has a deal on lockers like this?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online