• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Official Pugski Members only Private Ski Resort.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And a champagne "tost" on the summit. But you get [1] full glass, not a 1/4 pour. Gimmicky though it may be, its a great afternoon break. Sure the champagne is nice, but its also a fun vibe. Lots of happy skiers/boarders, hanging around fire pits, drinking a little bubbly (or sparkling grape). I wish it were 1pm rather than 2, but whatever.

Champagne? I dunno, this is more a scotch or bourbon group.

Which, btw, brings me to the most controversial question that hasn't been asked: Are we going to allow boarders?:eek:

I'm not opposed, but I've always wanted (on soft days at least) a few nice steeps (groomers and glades) where boards are prohibited. I am totally fine with a boarders only terrain park in return.

Well, who is going to valet the cars? :huh::duck:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Um, you guys are all describing the Yellowstone Club, literally down to the cookies.
Someone would have to invite me there so I can confirm that. BTW wasn't there a problem with continued operations there?

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
BTW wasn't there a problem with continued operations there?

No. never has been...the struggle between the Blixeths was widely known and the divorce public, but the members bought it from them shortly after the divorce.

And then they bought half of Spanish Peaks and half of Moonlight basin, and acquired an interest in Big Sky.

The "ownership" group of YC is doing just fine.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
The majority owner is a PE firm, Cross Harbor. Their head, Sam Byrne, is a long time member, who bought it out of bankruptcy after the Blixeth mess. The operating company that Cross Harbor brought in, and sold a piece to, is Discovery Land. I believe that their ownership interest has grown over time. They are the gold standard in this niche. I don't know the details of the entire ownership group who bought it, 6-7 years ago. I presume that a lot of members invested at that time as well. It's a an unusual group.

They place is thriving. Cross Harbor has made a series of smart moves. They're selling a Billion dollars of real estate a year. The plan is to fully transition the ownership of the club to the members when I think they have something like 700 members. It's in that range. It's underway, I believe.

We have a few friends who are members, and smart people. Sam Byrne literally saved this place because he wasn't a typical opportunistic PE investor looking to make a killing on this. He wanted to preserve it, and steward it so that it would continue for generations. Yes, he had a ton of money already invested in his own home{s}. I don't know how they police this, but they have no interest in anybody looking to buy as an investment. They want members who will use the club. And they do.

It's a very unusual place, to say the least. The nice thing is that people can really be themselves there, where they honestly can't most places. I'm not into star gazing. I've been there twice, and there was none of that. I had to force myself in some cases not to. Most of the members seem to be very nice, welcoming people. Very successful, and nice people. The people we know there love it, and can afford it, but they aren't pro athletes, Hollywood, cover of Forbes, etc.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Well here is a visualization of my contributions to a perfect, private resort -
Perfect Resort.jpg
- Trails of Snowmass with the backdrop of Chamonix
- Pan Pacific Hotel from Whistler/Blackcomb
- Fatty's Pizzeria from Breck
- If it isn't snowing then no flat light

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well here is a visualization of my contributions to a perfect, private resort -
View attachment 12813
- Trails of Snowmass with the backdrop of Chamonix
- Pan Pacific Hotel from Whistler/Blackcomb
- Fatty's Pizzeria from Breck
- If it isn't snowing then no flat light
Image copied to to the first post.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'll chef for a couple years....anti ski area food is my idea.

Honestly if all goes as planned ill be using my culinary skills strictly to impress females in a couple years. I love food don't get me wrong but I just don't see myself doing this @ 50.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Why does reading this thread literally activate my salivary glands and make my mouth water...

Ski snorkel January Hokkaido powder with Alpine backdrop to meet waddling Antartic emperor penguins at seashore base.

Share onsen hot spring soak with Japanese macaques while viewing elk/reindeer herd and aurora borrralis in a distance, followed by sumptuous Turkish hamman scrub and Thai massage.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Why does reading this thread literally activate my salivary glands and make my mouth water...

Ski snorkel January Hokkaido powder with Alpine backdrop to meet waddling Antartic emperor penguins at seashore base.

Share onsen hot spring soak with Japanese macaques while viewing elk/reindeer herd and aurora borrralis in a distance, followed by sumptuous Turkish hamman scrub and Thai massage.
Ah, poor @Rainbow Jenny . She's died and gone to heaven . . .

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Sorry Jenny, but no &*(^)* monkeys in the onsen! :nono:

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
I'm shocked... Since when?! Such antithesis to the powder guru reputation.
Last two seasons' Mammoth demo days were several days after last new snow. Demoing 4-5 skis a day it seemed worth trying a few narrower ones considering the conditions. And yes, they are better in those conditions, though not enough IMHO to consider as a daily driver.

For the time being my prior daily driver, K2 Recon 174cm serves that role acceptably for me.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last two seasons' Mammoth demo days were several days after last new snow. Demoing 4-5 skis a day it seemed worth trying a few narrower ones considering the conditions. And yes, they are better in those conditions, though not enough IMHO to consider as a daily driver.

For the time being my prior daily driver, K2 Recon 174cm serves that role acceptably for me.
We have had great 100mm and under conditions over the past 6 years at Mammoth.

Sponsor

Staff online