• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Of the 7 days out so far this season: only 4 have been powder days. 2 had a quite a bit of wind affected snow. Only 1 was over the knees.
To make matters even worse I have not been able to use my season pass, for my home mountain, and they have the best snow!

Life can be so unfair.

Hmm... pretty sure you're doing this thread wrong...

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's been -35f for a while now.. we might get to ski this coming Sunday, supposed to warm up to -15f. I'm starting to have some withdrawals.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Finally! Natural snow overnight and below freezing temps for the next week or so! Guns are going at the local hill and best of all-NO RAIN IN THE FORECAST!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Finally! Natural snow overnight and below freezing temps for the next week or so! Guns are going at the local hill and best of all-NO RAIN IN THE FORECAST!

Um... I don't see any bitching in that statement. Please read the rules...er... thread title. ;)

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Is it ok if I bitch about my sore back when I sit back on the chairlift from riding the lift so much lately? The first chair or two in the morning is not fun when I sit back against the back rest. OUCH!!!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Is it ok if I bitch about my sore back when I sit back on the chairlift from riding the lift so much lately? The first chair or two in the morning is not fun when I sit back against the back rest. OUCH!!!

I think you could claim that the cold weather and chair is making it worse and get away with it.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
It has been a milder than normal winter. The mountain has had some snow turn heavy on the lower mountain and fog lower down the mountain than normal, snow levels are a bit below normal and it has even got a degree or 2 above freezing in the Sun Peaks village on occasion. It has even drizzled in the village for a few hours earlier this winter.

OK here is my legit bitch about the weather: I stay down the valley and a thousand feet below the mountain and my driveway is slightly uphill and 600' long, it is raining/melting right now and every time it gets right around freezing I have to put chains on my AWD Volvo XC70 to get out and up the driveway.

I have just licensed my 8500lb 4X4 Dodge diesel with truck camper and I will soon find out how it does on the driveway. If the driveway gets soft I might just put chains on the truck and try ripping up the ice layer a bit.:D

And also, every time I sand my 600' driveway by hand, it snows shortly afterwards negating my work. Oh wait, that has made for some pretty decent skiing and my latest driveway sanding produced a 20cm/8in day yesterday. Ok, forget that you just read this paragraph.:duck:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
735C9113-23AD-4B11-BFE7-470835280E26.jpeg
This morning at Killington.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
High of 0F this weekend and low of -13F. At least Wed night won't be too cold to enjoy this.

50454556_1987271514684106_4952381546108551168_n.png

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It's not snowing again at Tahoe.:P

James

Out There
Instructor
When wind comes around and blows a foot of snow away it's almost enough to wish they'd just flatten it with the groomer to keep snow in the trail. .

"I'm sorry maam, it was necessary to destroy the powder in order to save it"

James_T

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
-28C at home today. Don't want to know what it is at the top of Tremblant.

Ya....Ottawa area barely had snow at Christmas. Most ski areas not 1/2 open. We finally get a "dump"...COLDEST SNOWSTORM in 100 years! -40C windchill! Too cold to ski...the wind is brutal. Heading to Tremblant tomorrow night. Looking to warm up somewhat. Should be good!

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Were finally opening to the top here in Western NC,
I patrolled on Sunday and on my first run I was checking out one of our Nice easy greens and about 2/3 of the way down I did a nice easy turn and the friggin wind knocked me over. The wind was exactly following the direction of the chairs going uphill so the ride up was ok and we didn't have to do a wind hold but coming down hill was absolutely brutal. even if you strait lined the run there were times it would almost stop you in your tracks.

James

Out There
Instructor
Were finally opening to the top here in Western NC,
I patrolled on Sunday and on my first run I was checking out one of our Nice easy greens and about 2/3 of the way down I did a nice easy turn and the friggin wind knocked me over. The wind was exactly following the direction of the chairs going uphill so the ride up was ok and we didn't have to do a wind hold but coming down hill was absolutely brutal. even if you strait lined the run there were times it would almost stop you in your tracks.
We talking 40-50mph?

Sponsor

Staff online