• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gentry

Booting up
Skier
In classic MN fashion, yesterday most the entire state was hovering around 1 degree, -15 windchill. Temperatures predicted for this weekend? 40 degrees. :huh:

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I drove home from Location X yesterday, and it was -24 once, hovered below -17 for two hours of the drive.

It is ZERO* this morning at home, gonna skip first tracks this morning and leave an hour latter than normal

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I patrol tonight and not going home before I go to hill. It has been snowing so far all morning and my skis at the hill are Head Rebels and Rosi Exp83s.

Dang I could of brought my Head Kore 105s or 4Frnts Devastators. :( The snow was not forecasted either.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Everyone’s left, there’s barely anyone here. What if I fall out there and need help? Clumsy happens. Could really take a while.

And I’m on new skis to which I’ll need to adjust. What a pain.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It snowed 4 inches today but I have to work my day job tomorrow.. and the temp is forecasted to drop so hard that we will prolly be closed on the weekend when I have days off. grumble grumble..

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
At least you all are skiing, we had to close on Tuesday because of rain and warm temps, it looks like a week before we get cold enough to make snow again.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
upload_2019-1-7_6-55-41.png

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, that green stuff...recently we're getting sort of frequent snow falls but it always ends with rain, at least at lower elevations. I have yet to do backcountry skiing this season because of that.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Best rant I have heard/seen:

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Missing the sound of the snowblower. Seems like it has been a month. Less than a inch to shovel this morning. Hope on the horizon.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
It’s windy
You need to fly me out to you. Than I can teach you how to bitch about good snow.

Inches of rain yesterday, a week after 6" of snow. Wed night shift will be 10 degrees. Bring on the ice, I mean hard packed snow.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You need to fly me out to you. Than I can teach you how to bitch about good snow.

Inches of rain yesterday, a week after 6" of snow. Wed night shift will be 10 degrees. Bring on the ice, I mean hard packed snow.

I find it difficult to bitch about weather at the moment, we have had 24” in the past 3 days. Today will be EPIC

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
Snow here sucks, CO is the ticket

I am coming your way regardless. My son plays lacrosse at Utah on 2/1. We are flying in early, skiing, going to the game then skiing for a few days before heading home. Great excuse for a little trip to Utah.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I find it difficult to bitch about weather at the moment, we have had 24” in the past 3 days. Today will be EPIC

Oh c'mon... you can do it! If you just use your imagination, and try real, real hard, I'm sure you can find something to bitch about. You did a nice job with "It's windy." Channel that inner curmedgeon!!!!

Otherwise, please leave. ;)

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Of the 7 days out so far this season: only 4 have been powder days. 2 had a quite a bit of wind affected snow. Only 1 was over the knees.
To make matters even worse I have not been able to use my season pass, for my home mountain, and they have the best snow!

Life can be so unfair.

Sponsor

Staff online