• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
a few moments as I was flying through the trees those days when I thought to myself, "who needs West Coast skiing? East Coast skiing is off the charts!"

And then in started raining in the afternoon on December 2.

Then East Coast reality smacked you in the face. "Dude, you got Pocono'd". (def: the ruining of perfectly good skiing by warm rain)

At least your up in Boston and Maine.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like I’ll be skiing a foot or more of powder tomorrow :(

I like groomers
I get it. My suggestion would be to ski exclusively in tracks someone else has already created...say a friend. I hate it when all there is to ski is powder.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I want to apologize to everyone in this thread for bitching about powder, I can now see the error of my previous ways.

12” of powder was amazing today.

Sorry

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
I want to apologize to everyone in this thread for bitching about powder, I can now see the error of my previous ways.

12” of powder was amazing today.

Sorry
No need to be sorry for liking groomed packed powder. Nearly everyone loves a perfect surface like that. The doomed packed ice surface that we have had for the first 10 days of winter out East I could do without.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
New England has gotten pounded with rain. Skier Waterville this weekend and conditions were rough. I can’t wait to head back to Utah at the end of the month.

James

Out There
Instructor
Everyone left because of the crap coming down. As crap goes it wasn't nesrly as bad as a week ago, but our standards are extremely low.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Been going through a very bad patch. Today was the worst so far. Drove over two hours on scary slick roads in the rain, behind slowpokes. At least there was some new snow. As I approached the mountain snow on the ground diminished significantly and it started to pour. Paid money for a pass to ski with friends. Skied three short runs before they closed the entire mountain due to high wind. Went to the nearby open mountain, which likewise shut down as we were driving there. Drove two hours home. Bah. Humbug. @Brad J , I blame this on you. Lifts shut down exactly when we ran into you. :wave:ogwink

James

Out There
Instructor
Been going through a very bad patch. Today was the worst so far. Drove over two hours on scary slick roads in the rain, behind slowpokes. At least there was some new snow. As I approached the mountain snow on the ground diminished significantly and it started to pour. Paid money for a pass to ski with friends. Skied three runs before they closed the entire mountain due to high wind. Went to the nearby open mountain, which likewise shut down as we were driving there. Drove two hours home. Bah. Humbug.
Wow, that's bad!

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Been going through a very bad patch. Today was the worst so far. Drove over two hours on scary slick roads in the rain, behind slowpokes. At least there was some new snow. As I approached the mountain snow on the ground diminished significantly and it started to pour. Paid money for a pass to ski with friends. Skied three short runs before they closed the entire mountain due to high wind. Went to the nearby open mountain, which likewise shut down as we were driving there. Drove two hours home. Bah. Humbug. @Brad J , I blame this on you. Lifts shut down exactly when we ran into you. :wave:ogwink

Oh. And New Hampshire. I blame New Hampshire.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Because that's what Mainers and Vermonters do.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sun was too bright, I needed my dark lenses.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Brad J , I blame this on you. Lifts shut down exactly when we ran into you. :wave:ogwink[/QUOTE]
It got worse for me I figured I would drive to Loon ( not my favorite ) and the traffic was so bad in Franconia Notch( !CE) that plan went bad. Hopefully my relationship with Mother Nature and life in general gets back in order

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
6" of Midwest powder yesterday. I didn't get to ski it until night time. Today only skied on groomers.

Saturday will be 40s. :(

Sponsor