• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
upload_2018-12-27_12-25-51.png

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
51degrees in Nothern VA today. I’m sure that isn’t helping the snow situation at the nearby ski hills.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Colorado is skiing great but the latests storms have been weak. Past 3 weeks or so. The latest storm basically bypassed all the ski resorts and blanketed Kansas with heavy snow, Kansas! Denver has not had a snow storm of more than 6" is about 3 years or more.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
December started out great in the Midwest -- sucks right now but that is about to change.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
November/early December skiing in New England was great. I was supposed to be skiing today through Monday but work got in the way and it is supposed to rain tomorrow even in the mountains which is going to make Saturday-Monday icy. I will probably ski some anyway but I am bummed about it.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A couple of good storms early got us going in Tahoe but the last few have been less than enthusiastic. A few inches here and there, all under a foot. The silver lining was the last one was pretty wet and heavy so it will be good base for whatever comes next. It has stayed cold enough for most places to make snow fairly consistently.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
A couple of good storms early got us going in Tahoe but the last few have been less than enthusiastic. A few inches here and there, all under a foot. The silver lining was the last one was pretty wet and heavy so it will be good base for whatever comes next. It has stayed cold enough for most places to make snow fairly consistently.

I sure hope you get more snow between now and the 3rd week of January! Sending good vibes.

Eagle93

Putting on skis
Skier
I feel your pain @Dwight - my kids and I were planning to finally hit the slopes for the first time this weekend, for my daughters bday tomorrow and mine on Sat. But we're now going on 12+ hours of rain where I live in MN. We were planning to ski Mt. Kato, but they're going on about 18 hours of rain... makes that look highly questionable. Depending on when the cold comes in it would either be very wet slushy conditions akin to water skiing or it will be a solid block of ice. Either way not ideal.

Probably have to stay home and utilize my Pugski Govino glasses I guess... lol

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
31F3E051-CB63-4EF9-B329-4A2D33BA8378.png

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Polar Vortex :eek::eek::eek:

giphy.gif

...that means no heavy snow for these parts :(

James

Out There
Instructor
What's up with Fridays in New England. Last week was 50 deg seemingly to Canada. With that came like 2 inches of liquid. Tmrw more precipitation of highly questionable provenance.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
It was - 21c here this morning and is going up h to 6c tomorrow with rain and freezing rain. Ugh... Family truckster is in the garage tonight..

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
In the DC area it hasn't been cold enough consistently to make much snow. Add in the freaking r**n and most places barely have a WROD or 2 open.

For the love of God (or Ullr), can we please get some consistent cold in the Mid-Atlantic so we can actually have a ski season?!?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid