• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Note also that replaceable (flat) soles are also available from Nordica/Tecnica. Lange/Rossi used to have one on the older generation of boots, but with the past two boots, the toes and heels are staggered heights.

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier
They ab-sole-utely can. In fact I did @TahoeCharlie's boots. The top of the lugs just need to be routed back to DIN standard.
Ok, I'll chime in. In terms of safety and confidence, one of the best investments for skiing I have made. I used to use "cat-tracks" most of the time, which for an old guy like me are a PITA to put on. Can't tell you how many times I have almost, or actually, slipped and fallen when not using them. Head Raptor's are totally slick and tractionless to walk in on snow/ice/pavement. Plus the heal pieces can now be easily replaced when worn - lots of walking at Northstar and Squaw.

Last edited:

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Note also that replaceable (flat) soles are also available from Nordica/Tecnica. Lange/Rossi used to have one on the older generation of boots, but with the past two boots, the toes and heels are staggered heights.

I've learned to order several replacement soles when I buy new boots. If you wait too long the soles become too hard to find. My last set I had to order from Lockwoods in England!!.........now they are out.......... I actually think I bought all they had for my boots! LOL

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Latest wrinkle: I have the boots, I have the bindings and they don't fit all my skis :doh::huh::doh:

So apparently my near 100% 2018 conversion with a Dalbello boot & Jester 16 IDs is being stymied by 76mm bolt pattern & won't work on my narrow or SL skis.

What now @Philpug?!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Latest wrinkle: I have the boots, I have the bindings and they don't fit all my skis :doh::huh::doh:

So apparently my near 100% 2018 conversion with a Dalbello boot & Jester 16 IDs is being stymied by 76mm bolt pattern & won't work on my narrow or SL skis.

What now @Philpug?!
?? I am unaware of a screw pattern change with Royal bindings. There are many mogul skiers using Jesters/Griffons on 66mm bump skis. IF (and that is a big IF that is the case), there is Look Pivot 14 Duals that you can get a narrow brake for or SPX12 Duals.

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
IMG_1777.PNG

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Key word...."recommended".

Volkl Wall Mogul
volkl-wall-mogul-skis-180cm-with-marker-griffon-bindings-a32790aec7d7bf70284c3b607e378adb.jpg

Royal toe pattern is the same width as the Biometric/X-Cell toe. The Marker Twin cam heel is actually wider than the Royal pattern. For another point of reference, Marker hole width is 36mm, Salomon Sth2 is 42mm.

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
*it was feedback I got today; was not in shop.

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Key word...."recommended".

Volkl Wall Mogul
volkl-wall-mogul-skis-180cm-with-marker-griffon-bindings-a32790aec7d7bf70284c3b607e378adb.jpg

Royal toe pattern is the same width as the Biometric/X-Cell toe. The Marker Twin cam heel is actually wider than the Royal pattern. For another point of reference, Marker hole width is 36mm, Salomon Sth2 is 42mm.

Looks as if the binding is hanging over the topsheet :yeah: and the brakes look lil wide:crash:

Just saying.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looks as if the binding is hanging over the topsheet :yeah: and the brakes look lil wife :crash:

Just saying.
I don't disagree one bit, I also see it as a misapplication of ski/binding..but thats not what you asked ;). I think there are better options like the ones I mentioned above.

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
I don't disagree one bit, I also see it as a misapplication of ski/binding..but thats not what you asked ;). I think there are better options like the ones I mentioned above.

Is the Tyrolia GW Toe Narrower? Looks to be!

Also any updates on STH2 GW compatibility?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is the Tyrolia GW Toe Narrower? Looks to be!

Also any updates on STH2 GW compatibility?

Overall width is identical

No update. The AFD lines up fine withe the sole of the boot but Salomon has yet to certify it. My gut is it would torque correctly and within acceptable range.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I posted an updated diagram in the origonal post. Please look at it. Major change is that Marker bindings with Sole.ID will accommodate WTR.