• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The most interesting man in the world.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Hi all. Hope there is room for one more in here? :)

I met some of you at a different online venue. I came to realize that the people who were really warm and welcoming were mostly posting here. I also came across the site when searching for all-mountain skis, and some of the content seemed pretty informative.

But who am I kidding, I'm a softy. I don't have "a facebook". I don't have thousands of friends. Nah. I'm old school (I'm also known to be old). I have a few but I won't trade quality for quantity. Somehow, it feels like I came to the right place.

Anyways, I don't think I can say much of interest about myself. I love my wife and kids but that's boring. Oh, I live in the Bay Area and ski Mt Rose (well, have been doing it for two years).

What else. I'm a terrible skier, but that's a plus (I'll make feel great about yourself, in comparison ;).

:crash:
Oh well, let me go get some cooking going

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome!
I hope we make some turns together this year.
I believe you'll see a few of our members are Mt Rose locals, including @ScotsSkier @Andy Mink @ErikL and a few more.
Looking forward to seeing you around.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome! For things first...pretty informative? PRETTY informative???? I would say we are at least DAMN informative. :golfclap:

If you ski Rose, we will have to make some turns together at some point, while we don't have a pass there...yet, I have a feeling we will come this season. There are a few Pugski'ers that do ski out of Rose a good amount. @Andy Mink @Anne @ScotsSkier @ErikL @Bobalooski and a few that I cannot remember off the top of my head. I see @Tricia is typing as I am so there might be some redundant information posted.

TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Awesome, thank you both! Did I say "pretty" informative? Sorry, I just meant 'informative' :snowball:

I actually went back to this one a few times. Excellent. I almost got the Fishers, but wound up getting something else. I only skied for two years, around 40 days is my guesstimate. So, let's just say we play in different leagues. Hopefully I'll pick up some more this year and can take turns with real skiers. I'll ask for suggestions for instructors at some point.

Too bad I wasn't around to give the insider tip, but the season passes for this year for Mt Rose were crazy cheap in March. I don't remember, but it was too low not to take.

I love Mt Rose. Not too touristy, not flashy at all, mostly down to earth. That's not to say that there aren't good skiers around. I've seen some phenomenal skiing (which is also a pleasure). I've seen very few irresponsible skiers/boarders. What's not to love? (except, that is, a couple long weekends when about 10,000 people come out of nowhere, to ski for the first and last time in their lives).

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Awesome, thank you both! Did I say "pretty" informative? Sorry, I just meant 'informative' :snowball:

I actually went back to this one a few times. Excellent. I almost got the Fishers, but wound up getting something else. I only skied for two years, around 40 days is my guesstimate. So, let's just say we play in different leagues. Hopefully I'll pick up some more this year and can take turns with real skiers. I'll ask for suggestions for instructors at some point.

Too bad I wasn't around to give the insider tip, but the season passes for this year for Mt Rose were crazy cheap in March. I don't remember, but it was too low not to take.

I love Mt Rose. Not too touristy, not flashy at all, mostly down to earth. That's not to say that there aren't good skiers around. I've seen some phenomenal skiing (which is also a pleasure). I've seen very few irresponsible skiers/boarders. What's not to love? (except, that is, a couple long weekends when about 10,000 people come out of nowhere, to ski for the first and last time in their lives).

Scott (Dawgcatching) is a great reviewer and also valued sponsor who really takes care of the community price wise.

Rose does get a few times a year that they are a little more culturally deverse than others and it is a bit crowded. If you want instruction, there are a few here that can give some great tips (having some video of you skiing can help). I don't know any Rose instructors but can refer you to some at Northstar or Squalpine.

TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Rose does get a few times a year that they are a little more culturally deverse than others and it is a bit crowded. If you want instruction, there are a few here that can give some great tips (having some video of you skiing can help). I don't know any Rose instructors but can refer you to some at Northstar or Squalpine.

The cultural diversity is more than welcome; the crowds, not so much :) I'll definitely be looking for instructors in Mt Rose. I'll post specifically for that. Somehow, I feel like with instructors it's more about their capacity to teach, than whether ot not they know enough. Thanks!

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The cultural diversity is more than welcome; the crowds, not so much :) I'll definitely be looking for instructors in Mt Rose. I'll post specifically for that. Somehow, I feel like with instructors it's more about thei capacity to teach, than whether ot not they know enough. Thanks!
Lets see if @ScotsSkier knows someone who he feels comfortable reccomending.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi @Mendieta. I am not one of the cool kids. But I'm here.
Way too old to be cool. Come to think of it, I was never cool. :eek:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
See, thats how cool @KingGrump is, he is classic unassuming modestly cool and that's why the all the chicks flock to ski with him.
Now..I hope that I blew enough smoke that we can get him to spend all of his time here. :D