• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Masters 2019

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It was pretty damn good. Worth missing a morning of skiing for. 12 was the turning point of the tourney, 4 of the last 6 players double bogeyed the hole. Par 3's are short...but mighty.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It was amazing and I would’ve loved to have been there in person. I’m really looking forward to the RBC Heritage in Hilton Head this week at Harbour Town. It’s alway a blast to watch on a gorgeous coastal course.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah it was a pretty exciting last 7 holes. Damn, that one hole where like 4 people put it in the water. Amazing. Molinari was pretty much sunk there, then if the grass wasn't so damp I think his next would have gone in.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Yeah it was a pretty exciting last 7 holes. Damn, that one hole where like 4 people put it in the water. Amazing. Molinari was pretty much sunk there, then if the grass wasn't so damp I think his next would have gone in.
Pressure, right? That back 9 on Sunday man..does funny things to the brain..like whatssiname in Swilcan Burn..Jean Frenchman... Just augured in...

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I wasn't sure Tiger could regain his form..I was kinda leaning no..but man, when he's in contention on Sunday, nobody has that killer instinct like him...

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Yeah I dunno. Like, I can't remember what it was exactly, but Tiger's stats for winning after leading on day 3 were like unbelievable. No come-backs on him. Just, dummied and move on. And he may not be a perfect person..but..maybe that's part of it.

EDIT: 14-1 when going into day 4 with at least a share of the lead in a major.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
It was pretty damn good. Worth missing a morning of skiing for. 12 was the turning point of the tourney, 4 of the last 6 players double bogeyed the hole. Par 3's are short...but mighty.

What is this "missing a morning of skiing" you speak of? ;)

I debated cancelling my skiing plans when they changed the Masters schedule, but decided to watch it later on delay. I appreciated that no one on this forum gave away the result. If only my golf coach would have been so kind. He blasted out an email to all his students that popped up in an alert on my computer. Thanks coach. :nono: ogwink

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier

Love to hear from all the golf experts who said he would never win. Hope they were there watching it in person.

As much impact as Molinari's shot into the water had, of equal impact was Tiger's decision not to switch the 9 iron out for an 8 - he did not waiver from his plan and that allowed him to make par for a two shot swing rather than God knows what if he had changed his mind and played the 9. That is an example of experience paying off!

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So I knew who won, but still wanted to watch it on CBS's late afternoon/evening broadcast. And a minute or two before Tiger's last putt to clinch the win, they break in for a 15 minute severe weather update... so I didn't get to see the end!!! Stupid local news. A crawl would have been sufficient.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Long time coming. There's still time for him to go after Jack's 18 majors. Most fun thing about this is the young bucks now have to compete with this guy, not just idolize him or look at him as a piece of golf history.

James

Out There
Instructor
So I knew who won, but still wanted to watch it on CBS's late afternoon/evening broadcast. And a minute or two before Tiger's last putt to clinch the win, they break in for a 15 minute severe weather update... so I didn't get to see the end!!! Stupid local news. A crawl would have been sufficient.
Yeah that's like the Olympic Channel on demand Wcup races. They don't show the event, just what was broadcast in the time slot. So any weather delay and you miss the end.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I am not a golfer but I find TV broadcasts of major tournaments to be quite compelling. From tracking the flight of the ball to replays, numerous cameras and camera angles, the TV viewer doesn't miss a thing including unfolding drama and lead changes etc.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
You have to think that Tiger definitely got in the heads of quite of few of his competitors today. He had that look in his eyes that you just knew nothing was going to get in his way.

James

Out There
Instructor
I am not a golfer but I find TV broadcasts of major tournaments to be quite compelling. From tracking the flight of the ball to replays, numerous cameras and camera angles, the TV viewer doesn't miss a thing including unfolding drama and lead changes etc.
So, since @dbostedo missed the last 15 minutes, he missed this classic commentary on the water hazard.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
He made it exciting at the end as well by almost Greg Normaning it at the very end.

Sponsor

Staff online