• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The little details of a big company (YKK zippers)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ya, still waiting for the miracle gear material and storage bags that you can pack up wet, or even slightly moist, put it away for a couple months, and pull it out ready to use instead of moldy or completely rotted.:doh: The thing I hate most about camping is having to dry out the tent when we get home before being able to pack it up and put it away til the next expedition..

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Ya, still waiting for the miracle gear material and storage bags that you can pack up wet,

In this case the (not YKK) zipper alloy corroded into green and white fuzz.

I mean the guy who thought it was a good idea to spec Alu/brass for a bag that's highly likely to be used in a high humidity and probably salt environment? Wile E Coyote SOOper Geenius.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
First real camping tent we used for cub scouts had that same thing happen.. Set it up for the 2nd outing Tiger Cub fall and the zipper and zipper tape crumbled in my hand as I closed the bottom of the door. Got through the weekend with duct tape and retired the tent to back yard play pool gazebo duty because the other zipper tapes were also crumbling.

Brass zippers are nice for cosmetic purposes, handbags, satchels, nice leather bomber jackets. I'm not a fan of the gold colored fake brass YYK zippers though.. Just looks intentionally cheap hahahahaha.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Wendy
    Resurrecting the Oxford comma
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January