• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Kegerator Thread

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Ok, all this beer talk has gotten me thinking about a kegerator - if for no better reason than to collect all of those cool taps.
F1140B94-1E0E-4C96-9441-7B2D89709D1A.jpeg

Some standalone as modern commercial works of art, telling a great marketing story.

Who among us enjoys keeping kegs and deciding which one gets to occupy the position of honor next?

It sounds like it could be fun!

Recommendations?
Reviews?
Techniques?
What size kegs?
How many?
Near death Kegerator experiences?
Best places to buy?
Do you just go to the liquor store? Or do you enjoy the brewery experience and take home a keg as a souvenir?
Do your lush friends offer to help you carry it down to the basement and make sure everything is ok?

Last edited:

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier
Back in the day my kegerator was always filled with home brew. I’d brew about 15 gal. a month and have a 5 gal keg in the fridge.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I used to home brew and have 4 or 5 5 gallon kegs and a CO2 tank with regulator. I haven't used them in over 15 years. If anyone is interested in them, let me know. No fancy taps, though, just the cheap plastic kind at the end of a hose. These were the Coke style, not Pepsi, IIRC. I'll dive into the crawl space and take a picture or two for anyone considering them.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
I used to home brew and have 4 or 5 5 gallon kegs and a CO2 tank with regulator. I haven't used them in over 15 years. If anyone is interested in them, let me know. No fancy taps, though, just the cheap plastic kind at the end of a hose. These were the Coke style, not Pepsi, IIRC. I'll dive into the crawl space and take a picture or two for anyone considering them.
I'd love to have them but don't think that driving to Colorado to get them for free would actually be cost effective.:beercheer:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I'd love to have them but don't think that driving to Colorado to get them for free would actually be cost effective.:beercheer:
Hold that thought. When I begin to travel, sometime in the next couple of years, I likely will be heading your way.
:beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online