Drill The Infinity Move

Discussion in 'Ski School' started by Bob Barnes, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Tricia

Tricia The Velvet Hammer Admin Pugski Ski Tester

Funny, I was thinking about this when I was doing a drill that @4ster was showing me and @Andy Mink
    The next time I skied and wasn't doing the drill, I was getting this infinity sensation.

1chris5 likes this.
  2. tromano

tromano Goin' the way they're pointed... Skier

The do nothing initiation. Love it. This thread delivers.

3. Andy Mink

Andy Mink I am a half fast skier. Moderator Pugski Ski Tester

Did you ever have that moment when you get IT? I understand the infinity move. I know what it SHOULD feel like. However, my brain and body don't always work together to make something happen. Today I got IT! I knew it because it felt weird at first. I guess I'd been doing a smaller version of it in some conditions but today I was able to put it together better. Between the infinity move and finally getting the feel of initiating my next turn by starting it with more weight transfer to downhill in the current turn I had a revelation. Edges engaging earlier in the turn, speed controlled better, better balance. Throw in the pulling the inside ski back (see the other thread:D) and several things happened to make me smile.

I wasn't able to do it on every turn but now I know what to feel for and work on in the future. Of course all this didn't happen without forgetting some other things, like not dropping my inside hand, but overall...WOOHOO!:daffy:

Mendieta, 1chris5, Seldomski and 2 others like this.
  4. LiquidFeet

LiquidFeet Making fresh tracks Instructor

Yes! The first time I did this in a short radius turn whoah what a shock that was. I was into the next turn fast and without warning. Whoohoo indeed.

Josh Matta and 1chris5 like this.