• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Jelder

Putting on skis
Skier
Those are one if my very favorites. Very good all around ski.
I'm probably a "low-advanced" skier and these are just so easy and fun to turn. Intuitive, stable, fast, light, and great in several inches of snow and pushed around late-in-the day junk. Love them!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Dog. Bones. View attachment 65513 $225 at a garage sale... an REI garage.
These had been in storage for a year and a half, and some P-12's for nearly as long, neglected mostly due to the Covid. Finally mounted and shown with eerie smoke patina.
IMG_20200915_132857028.jpg

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier
These had been in storage for a year and a half, and some P-12's for nearly as long, neglected mostly due to the Covid. Finally mounted and shown with eerie smoke patina. View attachment 110303

I discovered these last year at Jackson (mid-mountain rental tent) and skied the best I had ever skied. All kinds of new confidence on variable snow.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
0D4E4D39-8773-4E99-96B6-6A41FA6EB2FD.jpeg

Arcteryx Procline boot. Being closed out online for under $100, made it an easy decision to get for my youngest.
Last year she had a Salomon QST boot (inbounds boot with limited walk mode) for resort skiing, AT skiing in a frame binding and we took the girls ice climbing for the first time last year, and she wore it there too.

I was looking for some used ice boots for her, expecting to pay round $80. Grabbed these instead. They will make a more than passable ice climbing boot for her (10 years old this winter), and a fantastic AT boot.

She is just ready to move up to the 149cm K2 Pinnacle Jr 84 we have waiting for her from her big sister, so I can put tech bindings on the 139cm Pinnacle Jr she skied last year, and she will end up with a very light and comfy skinning set up. Which will be good, since she is the youngest in the family, it wasn’t really fair to have her on the heaviest gear.

Last edited:
TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
New boot day.
120292553_370230877741407_4071580139556856640_n.jpg

After a year of skiing a scavenged inbounds boot based on what I could a broken ankle into, I finally bit the bullet and bought my first ever brand new boots. Ended up in a boot that is already familiar to me -- Lange RX130 LV. I'm lucky to be pretty straightforward fit -- slightly narrow foot, regular instep, with only accommodations being lack of ankle mobility (necessitating heel lifts + enough room in instep to make it work) and imperfect alignment of my right leg.

Jeremy at Boot Mechanics in Golden CO sorted me out. He teaches for MasterFit University. Highly recommended for anyone who ski-commutes from the Front Range as his shop is right at I70/470 making for easy stops on the way back from the hill. His partner (Ben) was also on hand and seemed a very good fitter as well. Jeremy works one day a week at Beaver Creek if you need day-of adjustments. The very ski-bum vibe shop is co-located with a very good tuning outfit as well, Denver Sports Lab.

Your fitting also comes with free pets of Charlie.

120323871_3397254533689664_7953559633457604846_n.png

Last edited:

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m sure they are already sold out, but care to share where you found them online <$100?? I need a replacement for my Dynafit slippers.
I think it was Evo. Maybe steapandcheap, but I think price went up soon after I bought them, which was in July or so.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, they are boots, but not very "hard".

New classic XC-ski boots for the 13 year old for her coming birthday. The skis themselves are also to soft, will need to be replaced also.

Fischer Carbonlite boots
78E204F7-BCA8-4061-B369-47AD135E7503.jpeg

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So now you need to get Dynastar Menace 98/Slicers AND Head Framewalls! Lol

Had both out this year and liking the Framewalls even more this year after a few passes on a stone grinder this Summer to get some high spots perfectly flat. They RIP!
Well.....I found a pair of “new unused” Dynastar Paradise in a 175 (the women’s version of the Slicer; core materials are a little lighter and binding point is a bit further forward, otherwise it’s the same ski)....I made an offer and here they are! The guy was probably relieved to have them off his hands, lol, I probably could’ve offered 50 bucks. But I’m psyched, as I remember these to be super fun and versatile.

I’m putting GREEN Attack13 bindings on them....I know, I know, maybe that’s garish, but I love blue and bright green together, so there. The blue is much brighter in person. :ogbiggrin:
BC4D6213-E717-40E8-8BDD-03223D3F705D.jpeg

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Well.....I found a pair of “new unused” Dynastar Paradise in a 175 (the women’s version of the Slicer; core materials are a little lighter and binding point is a bit further forward, otherwise it’s the same ski)....I made an offer and here they are! The guy was probably relieved to have them off his hands, lol, I probably could’ve offered 50 bucks. But I’m psyched, as I remember these to be super fun and versatile.

I’m putting GREEN Attack13 bindings on them....I know, I know, maybe that’s garish, but I love blue and bright green together, so there. The blue is much brighter in person. :ogbiggrin:
View attachment 111322

Definitely go bold on the bindings! Have one pair of skis left with black Attacks and they look so boring compared to my bright yellow pairs.

Great skis and like the top sheet on those ones! Such quiet skis on harder snow with all their rubber dampening material and hold a great edge at speed. Pics when they are mounted!

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
F13A3CF1-DD4E-4486-8BC1-4A0CFC93B0E8.jpeg

Technica Zero G Tour boots. As far as I know, they are the same as the yellow/black version that came out 2 seasons ago, just a new color.

Why?
They fit me well.
Full rubber sole(not grip walk) (I have aspirations for some easy ski mountaineering).
They reportedly ski very well, and are quite stiff. I am tall (= a lot of leverage), and do not have great technique, so wanted to go with something that was supportive and will help me out.
They also fit in non-tech bindings, so if needed, I could use them on my inbounds skis also.

I was tempted by something a bit lighter, and more importantly, with even better walking and faster transitions. However, with 185cm long, 10.6cm wide, skis, and being 6'5" myself, and with less than stellar technique, I worry that sooner or later, I'd be in a difficult spot, on poor snow, and need all the help I can get.
Also, these were available, and I could get them at a great price and I know they fit. The La Sportiva Skorpius CR I was eying up as a more uphill focused alternative, is not in stock yet, and I don't know if it would fit me well. So, also bird in the hand type of scenario. ogsmile

Anyway, these wil walk worlds better than the Cohise I have been using the last year(or rentals the year before), and certainly ski and walk much better than my original Maestrale RS, which I bought too big ogsmile

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online