• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm keeping my eye out for a pair of discount Hawx Ultra 130s in 27 if anyone sees them. I know...don't buy boots off the internet. But I talked to Atomic rep, and they are the same lasts as the XTD version which is an awesome fit.

In other news....picked up a travel ski that I loved demoing last year. Black Crow Corvus, new for $215 to my door. Yes please.

Great deal on the skis!!!
Corbetts.com has the 130s from last year in the 27. Just under $400 US.
Have had a pair of those boots for a couple of years and love them! Will get another pair of the 2020 versions in the Spring I think.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just picked up some new to me Head Monster 72's with demo bindings at a neighbor's yard sale for $10.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
hmm, like these?
https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/head-monster-im-72-2006

head-monster-im-72-skis-2006-.jpg

OR these?

3569_pic1b.jpg

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
These came today. 166cm and just my size. Thank you @Kent. You are amazing. I love my SR 85s and now I have SR powder skis. As promised I will be making an agreed upon donation to pugski.

View attachment 80884

Oh, cool....those are the ones with clips for skins....a lighter SR from that year.
Your cat doesn’t look very impressed by the new skis.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Oh, cool....those are the ones with clips for skins....a lighter SR from that year.
Your cat doesn’t look very impressed by the new skis.

Cool, I've learned lighter isn't a bad thing. My SR 85s are pretty light and those things are amazing. My cat who's name is Mouse is looking for food as we've reduced what we give the kitties and he's convinced there's food somewhere ;)

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cool, I've learned lighter isn't a bad thing. My SR 85s are pretty light and those things are amazing. My cat who's name is Mouse is looking for food as we've reduced what we give the kitties and he's convinced there's food somewhere ;)
Yes, I meant “light” as in a good thing. But those skis will rip. Mine do!
Cats are pretty unimpressed by anything ....as someone once told me:
“The dog said, “My owner feeds me and loves me and gives me shelter. He must be a god.”
The cat said, “My owner feeds me and loves me and gives me shelter. I must be a god.”

Sorry for thread hijack. I have no gear purchases for this year. Only plans to ski. ogsmile

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Yes, I meant “light” as in a good thing. But those skis will rip. Mine do!
Cats are pretty unimpressed by anything ....as someone once told me:
“The dog said, “My owner feeds me and loves me and gives me shelter. He must be a god.”
The cat said, “My owner feeds me and loves me and gives me shelter. I must be a god.”

Sorry for thread hijack. I have no gear purchases for this year. Only plans to ski. ogsmile

I'm so excited to ski these. Glad you love yours.

My cats were actually VERY impressed by the ski box. Ufortunately I was in a hurry so no pictures. My feline trio is actually very dog like with high level of worship for us. I have many pictures of Tiki staring adoringly at me lol.

I'm sure happy it's fall. Hopefully we have a winter full of stoke ahead of us.

:daffy:

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
You must have got the last pair then. Glad someone on here got that fantastic deal!

You know you buy a lot of stuff at Corbetts when my usual sales person at AsoGear offers to bring them to my town as she’s visiting her parents here last weekend. Lol

If you read the Blistergear review of the Menace 98 they talk about mount points on that ski and the Slicer has the same two mount bumps. One 1.75cm back from center for someone totally into park/freestyle and another bump 6cm back(7.75cm back from center) for “all mountain use”. If you’re not a freestyle skier at all and just want a playful all mountain ski, mount on back line. For a bit more playful feel and easier pivoting, mount up a bit(1-2cm) up from the back line. I’m mounting mine 5.25cm back from center for a mix of freestyle/all mountain use. Guys on BlisterGear used 4.75cm back.

Measured mine at 2141 and 2137grams each and yours should be similar. Already tuned mine up and they are the flattest bases in the last 25 skis I’ve bought! The weight and flex are PERFECT for bumps and crud and think I’ll really like them. Exact same weight and just a bit softer but similar flex pattern to my 184cm Moment Bibby’s which is a very good sign I think!

I read the Blister review yesterday about the Slicers and it was informative and encouraging. Since I have never owned a pair of twin tips, I'm probably going to roll with mounting on or near the back bump. If I find that I want more playfulness down the line, I'll remount. Looking forward to it!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I read the Blister review yesterday about the Slicers and it was informative and encouraging. Since I have never owned a pair of twin tips, I'm probably going to roll with mounting on or near the back bump. If I find that I want more playfulness down the line, I'll remount. Looking forward to it!

They will be plenty playful on the line especially for those used to more traditional skis. I got mine stone grind flat and spent last night tubing and waxing them. Really looking forward to trying them out as I’ve seen lots of others that have “rediscovered” this ski again and have been raving about it. Like this quick review.

7185272E-DBA0-4C0E-BD80-9456D8E79E33.png

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
They will be plenty playful on the line especially for those used to more traditional skis. I got mine stone grind flat and spent last night tubing and waxing them. Really looking forward to trying them out as I’ve seen lots of others that have “rediscovered” this ski again and have been raving about it. Like this quick review.

View attachment 82695

That's really interesting. I wasn't necessarily thinking of this as a firm snow ski. So now we know that it is great in bumps, variable snow, non-deep pow and now firm snow. All this for $240.00! A OSQ at a bargain price. Can't wait to try them out!

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Local shop had their 1st annual pre-season sale, skis 20% off so went ahead and got Enforcer 88's in 179; moving my Marker Griffon 13s over to them because I also changed BSL a lot (down 26mm) and they had to move on the E100s - so putting Warden MNC 13s on the E100s! No photos - those skis are everywhere. Stoked nonetheless.

Wardens should be, in theory, much easier to get on in deeper snow, and I will use that 'feature' a lot :D :philgoat:

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just grabbed a set of mint SR83, so the 2020 quiver is set.
I ski 90% of the time at my 600' hill, so a hard-snow ski and skinny all-mountain are all that is required.

The SX are new from Dawgcatching, via his end-of-season blowout last spring.
To be mounted with a Marker Piston Plate and XCell 16.
I usually arrive for first runs, and the hill is always firm manicured corduroy.

The SR83 will be my " let's mix it up ski " at my local hill when I want a bit more versatility.
These replaced my beloved Scale Delta, also an 83 wide ski, which I parted with last spring.

The SR97 will only be for trips.
I always go with 2 pals to Austria in Feb for 8 days and it was a great ski for me last season there.
I do like the softer flex of the SR97 vs SR95, and anticipate the same thing on the SR83.
My wife and I now have the Ikon pass, and have booked a week off for Killington in Jan, and Tremblant in March.
I would take my SX and the SR97 for those trips.

The MX84 Limited were an impulse buy as they got listed here in Phil's Garage late last winter, and no one wanted them.
I couldn't see them wallowing around so unloved, so I snapped them up.
I'll naturally get on them but will probably part with them after a few outings as I don't want to collect too many skis anymore.
I've enjoyed looking at them all spring / summer / fall !

The Skilogik Dark-Side are NOS from a local former dealer, and merely ornaments in my home-office / stereo.
Again, nice to look at !

Though all these skis are pricey, trust me, I got great deals on them all.
The Kastles & Stockls of the world are indeed pricey if you pay full pop, but they do get discounted at end of season, or great deals to be had from fellow forum members.

Happy Skiing ! ~ Andy

quiver2020.jpg

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just grabbed a set of mint SR83, so the 2020 quiver is set.
I ski 90% of the time at my 600' hill, so a hard-snow ski and skinny all-mountain are all that is required.

The SX are new from Dawgcatching, via his end-of-season blowout last spring.
To be mounted with a Marker Piston Plate and XCell 16.
I usually arrive for first runs, and the hill is always firm manicured corduroy.

The SR83 will be my " let's mix it up ski " at my local hill when I want a bit more versatility.
These replaced my beloved Scale Delta, also an 83 wide ski, which I parted with last spring.

The SR97 will only be for trips.
I always go with 2 pals to Austria in Feb for 8 days and it was a great ski for me last season there.
I do like the softer flex of the SR97 vs SR95, and anticipate the same thing on the SR83.
My wife and I now have the Ikon pass, and have booked a week off for Killington in Jan, and Tremblant in March.
I would take my SX and the SR97 for those trips.

The MX84 Limited were an impulse buy as they got listed here in Phil's Garage late last winter, and no one wanted them.
I couldn't see them wallowing around so unloved, so I snapped them up.
I'll naturally get on them but will probably part with them after a few outings as I don't want to collect too many skis anymore.
I've enjoyed looking at them all spring / summer / fall !

The Skilogik Dark-Side are NOS from a local former dealer, and merely ornaments in my home-office / stereo.
Again, nice to look at !

Though all these skis are pricey, trust me, I got great deals on them all.
The Kastles & Stockls of the world are indeed pricey if you pay full pop, but they do get discounted at end of season, or great deals to be had from fellow forum members.

Happy Skiing ! ~ Andy

quiver2020.jpg
You will love the SR83’s. I had a pair that did anything...great in bumps. I sold mine as I had too much overlap and someone was looking for a pair. But they are a perfect addition to your quiver.

Sponsor