• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Snagged today at the Skyliner's ski swap in Bend OR. Almost pulled a muscle in my neck when I did a quick double-take upon seeing them in the racks.

Bases are pristine, only a few minor scuffs on the top sheets. Edges well maintained. Seller claimed 20 days of use, but the skis look like they saw maybe 5 days.

$390. :)

View attachment 55668
Well done, you will have so much fun on them. What size are they?

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
Well done, you will have so much fun on them. What size are they?

They're 170s - which happens to be the size I'd want for a Rally or Titan. The bindings are the PRX 12s, so I believe that means these Rallys are the 2016-2017 version. I'm aware of the greater ramp with the PRX bindings. Not a problem for me as I'm accustomed to binding ramp and my boots are at the longer end of the sole length spectrum (around 325mm).

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Is there a reason you suspect they wouldn't? Shifts are fully MNC and certified with DIN soles.

Not at all, I'm merely interested in what exactly happens at the pin area of a combo boot like @Wendy 's when it goes into a Shift. Obviously she won't be keeping the pinhole protector clip on - so what exactly happens?

And, yes, it's sort of related to an issue @neonorchid and I were discussing in the other multinorm thread. To wit: if you're not touring, does it help to change sole blocks?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Really bad images, but new twin tips for a daughter. They have missing bindings. One toe is missing. Super flexy, so won't be too stiff for her. Bindings will cost more, if I don't use existing bindings.

20181015_121406.jpg
20181015_121557.jpg
20181015_121601.jpg

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Get find year anywhere on the Net. Did find a Russian site with a full picture in 2011. :)

f_674007.jpg

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Err...not sure what you're looking for but there isn't much there. The balloon shavings run: Nordica Ignition , probably 160 size white-green . Oh and it's in the middle of Siberia, in case 'Angara' and 'Irkutsk' didn't click.

Oh, duh, it is a Nordica....I didn’t know why I was thinking it was a Salomon. :doh:

Irkutsk clicked...Angara didn’t. ogwink

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just picked up a (the last in stock) pair of Moment Wildcat (Bibby) Tours @184. I'll mount with shifts. My favorite shop didn't have the shifts on display on Monday, but I'll check tonight. Some other shops have them in stock.

https://www.momentskis.com/products/wildcat-tour

It will be nice to have a more powder specific ski for backcountry and resort based tours. I can save my G3 Findrs for peakbagging/long days

Last edited:
TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I just picked up a (the last in stock) pair of Moment Wildcat (Bibby) Tours @184. I'll mount with shifts. My favorite shop didn't have them on display on Monday, but I'll check tonight. Some other shops have them in stock.

https://www.momentskis.com/products/wildcat-tour

It will be nice to have a more powder specific ski for backcountry and resort based tours. I can save my G3 Findrs for peakbagging/long days

You're gonna be a happy dude.

The weights on Moments touring skis are pretty insane. And have been verified by people this year. They are nearly as light as BDs Helio series.

Asked how they do it without full carbon construction, tiny edges or thinner bases the answer was: "We use bald eagles blood instead of epoxy." Touche.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight