• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Domino effect in full flood.

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes

either way I think I’m going to like it more than my soft bag. Less floppy when wheeling it, can be stood up in a corner when not in use
One word of advice - if the Sportube still uses one, find a big zip tie or some other way to secure the little metal locking doodad to the case. When I flew with mine years ago, Air Canada opened it to look inside then didn’t re-secure it, and the doodad got lost. Had to buy a new one to fly home.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
find a big zip tie or some other way to secure the little metal locking doodad to the case
I have an extra doodad, and I threaded an extra shoelace through a bunch of the holes. Makes it easy to identify and I could tie the case closed if need be. The problem with zip ties is that you'd usually just cut them off.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Are you every gonna actually GO on this trip?
Funny story. I came back from eclipse chasing with covid. So I pushed the trip to Tuesday (I’m within CDC “go back to your real life” guidelines as of yesterday though)

Edit: people boring enough to follow my misadventures will remember I was supposed to go on this trip last year and took out my MCL (the universe is against me ever going to Banff)

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have an extra doodad, and I threaded an extra shoelace through a bunch of the holes. Makes it easy to identify and I could tie the case closed if need be. The problem with zip ties is that you'd usually just cut them off.
I usually just zip tie the doodad to the handle - that way they can open it without cutting the zip tie but the doodad doesn’t get to head off on a separate adventure afterwards

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have similar doodad issues with an altogether different ski bag. You'd think the folks making these things would have heard about TSA by now and designed accordingly.

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Funny story. I came back from eclipse chasing with covid. So I pushed the trip to Tuesday (I’m within CDC “go back to your real life” guidelines as of yesterday though)

Edit: people boring enough to follow my misadventures will remember I was supposed to go on this trip last year and

took out my MCL (the universe is against me ever going to Banff)
This is not funny . . .
Fingers crossed.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
I usually just zip tie the doodad to the handle - that way they can open it without cutting the zip tie but the doodad doesn’t get to head off on a separate adventure afterwards
Zip tie secured, instructions painted. The zip tie is just long enough that the D-ring will reach the hole I want it in. Seems idiot-proof. Somehow I think the TSA will invent a better idiot though

IMG_3623.jpeg

Sponsor