• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The latest episode, The Polar Star, is a must-watch if you've been following the project. Really interesting to watch some of the more technical aspects.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
That was the best one yet!
l want to be Vivian when I grow up.
What dreams are made of :):cool::)!!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Firing up the stoke for the season!

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
How the heck did I miss this series?!?? Starting at #1 now.

You're in for a bunch of great ski media. IMO the best work in ski media in the last 15 years I've been paying attention. When he decides he's done it'll go down as an all time great collection. Great lines, great characters, thoughtful decision making, honesty. Barne the cinementographer and main ski partner is a beast to do what he does in the fifty. And the filmmaking and story telling just keep progressing.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, unbelievable collection of films and each film / season gets better and better. It will be interesting to see if he actually ticks off all 50, although Cody started hinting in the Comstock episode that he’s a bit uncomfortable with treating that as an objective and is not necessarily thinking of completing the project as ticking off all the lines.

There’s a massive thread that Cody participates in about the project on the TGR forums that has some good analysis and additional context for each film and for the project overall.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
After watching the Polar Star episode last night a podcast recorded earlier came on. This was before Comstock…

You can tell that he is mentally preparing himself for the let down if he does not complete the project. He’s only got 5 to go but from what I can tell it could take a lifetime for the stars to align for lines like Mt. Elias or Robson.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I really hopes he's able to finish the 50 but I imagine now that he has a child it has to have an effect on whether to push for those last 2-3 really difficult lines. It's a great achievement even if he stops now. The non-50 lines he skied in the Polar Star episode were just crazy.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I think it's a good thing that he's taken the pressure off to be driven by content and seems to be saying it's "if it happens it happens" now. Much better legacy for the project to be saying it's not about completing the list at all costs

Sponsor

Staff online