• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Sunroof. New buggy doesn't have one. The salesman tried to push the model with the sunroof. Told him I've had two cars with and rarely opened them. Got the model without.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Booster Straps. It started with the regular power straps. Thought upgrading to the WC Boosters would get me more in to the feel. Nope. Still prefer my top buckles loose most of the time. Only for a NASTAR run or other occasional crank down occasion do I bother. Most of the time they are flapping around loose.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
building on the car themel.......the sat nav in the car. Never gets used and the Volvo Sensus is the worst. Apple car play in Mrs. Wally K's new car is pretty sweet......

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
QFT!

To each their own, but I really HATE hoods, and it's darn hard these days to find many parka options with removable hoods (or none, period).

Oh well, makes shopping simple. Almost as easy as figuring out which AWD minivan to buy.......

If you guys ever ski Loveland on a storm day, you'd be screaming for a hood... just sayin' ;)

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you guys ever ski Loveland on a storm day, you'd be screaming for a hood... just sayin' ;)

I'll throw down the gauntlet, and claim the Mt. Hood Meadows is Loveland's equal. Nothing like having your local ski hill on the side of a volcano. No surrounding protective "range" whatsoever.

There's a reason that our unofficial motto is "If it's snowing, it's blowing"!

And a nice balaclava beat a hood every time!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not in the rain.

To each their own. Rain skiing in a closed-vent helmet is far preferable to a hood.

Balaclava or not.

James

Out There
Instructor
Helmet compatible hood + balaclava is the name of the game for major storm skiing. The difference in warmth and wind protection when the hood is up cannot be matched.
Yeah this isn't complicated. Get inside the tent.
Helmets these says are cold probably due to the cartel of skinning PNW designers who are always hot. They all should be forced to ski in the Northeast and take a chairlift up.

Last edited:

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yeah this isn't complicated. Get inside the tent.
Helmets these says are cold probably due to the cartel of skinning PNW designers who are always hot. They all should be forced to ski in the Northeast and take a chairlift up.

Even a few of us PNW guys like the hood. It's particularly useful when it's 5 degrees and blowing #8 birdshot 60 mph over the ridge.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
I'll throw down the gauntlet, and claim the Mt. Hood Meadows is Loveland's equal. Nothing like having your local ski hill on the side of a volcano. No surrounding protective "range" whatsoever.

There's a reason that our unofficial motto is "If it's snowing, it's blowing"!

And a nice balaclava beat a hood every time!

I'll throw down on both of you, come ski the North Island of NZ in July and experience the worst a completely exposed volcano can offer :) ....wind-driven shotgun blasts of ice being scoured off ridges and wet snow - hood + balaclava minimum

Sponsor

Staff online