• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 11.47.55 AM.png

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Loki's idea of comfort - airing 'em out. Except they don't actually exist.
IMG_20190705_224906.jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wonder how many times the excuse "the dog ate my homework" that person in the video used when they didn't have the homework to hand in.

Least the instructors now believer her if the hadn't.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
How and why I clean my truck.
Seconds prior to this pic, she rolled in something brown and sticky that produced a foul oder. Went from a vacuum, to a full carpet scrub.
dirtydog.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
How and why I clean my truck.
Seconds prior to this pic, she rolled in something brown and sticky that produced a foul oder. Went from a vacuum, to a full carpet scrub.
View attachment 77078

LOL

My dogs don't usually roll in stuff - but when Loki last did it, it was really foul (like, someone must have been ill), smeary, and we had driven to the trailhead in my friend's vehicle. And Loki needed an assist to get up into the back of the vehicle.

My dogs go in the back seat of my Subaru - I have one of those "slings" that essentially creates a U-shaped quilt from the back of the rear seats to the backs of the front seats. $300 seemed like a hell of a lot of money, but it's a must-have accessory. Not just for stuff like this, but to keep them from tracking general purpose dirt everywhere, and because I can easily just lift it out of the way to put someone in the back seat.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Yep, she has a dog hammock also. I took it out to clean it and the truck, pressure washed it the night before, and was in the garage with some of the stuff (little air compressor and spotlight) that live in the back when she jumped in.

Murphy's law! And "hammock" is a much better expression for what I was talking about than whatever I said ;-)

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Being a cheap SOB figured out could go to Goodwill buy a nice cloth shower curtain for $3, wire tie around the headrests and clip it under the seat. Does the same thing and when it gets too trashed there is always another one. That a d a comfy quilt back there and the fur babies are good to go.

On the other side. Our next SUV will have a heated back seat. They are both about 11 and do appreciate heat.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

I might actually try this. Cooper HATES baths. He now resists even going into the bathroom and will go fully spread eagle if I try to carry him in. In the summer, I can bathe him outdoors - he doesn't love it, but at least he won't refuse to stand on the deck. He gets that Labrador "funk" that makes him less and less fun to pet.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Life with a 1 year old dog. After a 5 mile MTB ride Caraways still has enough energy to do this.

Sponsor

Staff online