• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@PisteOff , sorry to hear about Sampson, always so hard to loose the loving creatures.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
on happier note .. our current foster picked up yesterday night .. was only -10 below when Kimba got here.

today our high was -16F ... and luckily our furnace guy was able to get a mother board to fix the furnace that failed Monday night.

with another cold night outside, Kimba I'm sure is happy the house is warm again!

Another 13 yr old ... previous owners gave up when wife got a job further out and she was home 12 hrs a day alone. Owner noted upon handoff that wife didn't come for fear of breaking down in tears. one super sweet little girl.

Kimba.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
... and luckily our furnace guy was able to get a mother board to fix the furnace that failed Monday night.

There is something terribly jarring about this sentence.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There is something terribly jarring about this sentence.
well, keeping with the dog theme - "leave sleeping dogs lie" and not spoken "ohh, record cold next few days .. watch our furnace break" coming into house Monday early evening that. Maybe I subconsciously noted fire up failures prior.

Anyhow, all is good and we're toasty. Wednesday's high here I heard was -16F for a record.

Kept the module (motherboard) to play around with it, do some inspections to see if it's a solder joint, low supply, bad relay, etc .. maybe a Tin Whisker event. I previously unplugged and plugged in connector/harnesses in hope it was simply oxidation - but appears not to be.

Nitrobunny

Taking care of business...it’s what I do.
Skier
95956BE0-8889-49DC-AD4C-74EDC4EB9807.jpeg

I never set out to find the perfect dog when we went looking to rescue but instead I wanted to give one dog a perfect life. As Jeff said he lived in my back pocket. Severely limited by all kinds of allergies and neurological issues he couldn’t run and play but he was all about the cuddle. We started and ended every day, snuggled up on the couch for at lest an hour or more. Losing both Samson and Wolfgang in under two years has been killer. I am just shattered. My career was always so past paced and intense, they both thought me to slow down, take a nap and bark at the occasional squirrel. I’m not ashamed to admit that I like dogs more than I like most people.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Somewhere way back in this thread should be a picture of me and Wolfgang, our St. Bernard of 10 years and a dog who had no equal in our family. Wolfgang passed peacefully at home in May of 2017. He had cancer. Months later the wife asked me to go to an adoption event where there were a couple rescue Saints. We ended up bringing home a large zen male named Sampson. He had a lot of problems and @Nitrobunny sunk her heart and soul into him. We got his teeth fixed, put some weight him, figured out his food allergies, and had a pretty happy big boy despite a couple fused discs in his lower spine and some issues neither us or a couple vets could quite nail down. Well we lost Sampson this past month after 15 months with us. Cancer again and a large brain tumor. He was the most zen beast you could hope to meet. I had forgotten about this thread until it popped up in my alerts today for like the first time ever..... Anyway, just thought I’d memorialize Sampson here and share a photo. View media item 3153
I remember that picture - it was heart-wrenching. Sorry you’re going through this again so soon.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
pushing for the happy .... our current foster (on right) and two family members. Ok, I'll admit they're still getting a bit used to sharing a hunkered down spot but this happenstance gives me hope:

pooches Feb 2019.PNG

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
on happier note .. our current foster picked up yesterday night .. was only -10 below when Kimba got here.

today our high was -16F ... and luckily our furnace guy was able to get a mother board to fix the furnace that failed Monday night.

with another cold night outside, Kimba I'm sure is happy the house is warm again!

Another 13 yr old ... previous owners gave up when wife got a job further out and she was home 12 hrs a day alone. Owner noted upon handoff that wife didn't come for fear of breaking down in tears. one super sweet little girl.

View attachment 64176

She an IG? we had 2 of them for almost 13 years - miss those little guys

Sponsor

Staff online