• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
My officemate's work ethic making all the rest of us look like slackers...

IMG_4439.JPG

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
She is gone.

It wasn't just seizures, but a few other end of life conditions as well, very bad.

She was at least 12 years old, but could have been much older. I just had to break the news to my DD.
@socalgal , very sorry to read, hope time eases the pain as well as find memories.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I feel so bad for him that winter is almost over. We'll get him shaved down but that boy just likes laying around in the snow.
View attachment 98684

Loki visibly drags when it's warmer than about 50-55*. It's amazing. He doesn't have the kind of fur that can be trimmed.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
with my Basenji affliction, bit of trivia:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
with my Basenji affliction, bit of trivia:

Some of these fell off during an earthquake on Aug 23 2011 Still being repaired ! I was at my house 5 miles away in MD at that time.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Some of these fell off during an earthquake on Aug 23 2011 Still being repaired ! I was at my house 5 miles away in MD at that time.
I recall that from years ago being it was so unusual and was national news. Wild.

Nearest I experienced was a very low level shake from a Lawrenceville Ill quake back around 90 when in college. This was some 300 miles away ... part of whats different with midwest and eastcoast earthquakes ... ground is more solid bedrock so transmission across hundreds of miles is felt.

bet that was some experience.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My girls grew up accustomed to disabilities existing due to our first basenji Anna. Girls had 3 or 4 "ampu-barbies". Anna had a propensity for chewy plastics and unfortunately amputated a few feet and hands/arms.

Basenjis too have a propensity to love tissues and toilet paper (a hot commodity today), Anna would go into our bathroom and come running out with a streamer of paper behind her. We hot peppered a sacrificial segment of TP for her next visit, she learned not to trust TP after that. We learned to basenji proof a lot of things in the mean time.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
one minor concession of Covid ..... Fostering has offloaded many shelters.

Remember too, if you can, add too a pet food donation to food banks. My local shelter's manager notes that many folks, especially elderly will forego food for themselves to feed their pets. Given the times, many more folks may be tight on cash for pet food.

Sponsor