• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
ezgif.com-optimize (4).gif

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I was going through Eric's old hard drives (sigh) and found some pictures I thought had been lost -

Cooper running full tilt
Cooper Running.JPG

THOSE EARS:
Those Ears.JPG

Tug O War back when they would actually play together:
Tug O War.JPG

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I wonder if the dog was drinking.

https://www.wkrg.com/baldwin-county...ey/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_WKRG

Dog runs over owner with four-wheeler in Loxley accident

by: WKRG Staff

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 / 12:24 PM CDT / Updated: Oct 19, 2019 / 01:31 PM CDT

LOXLEY, Ala. (WKRG) — A man was injured in a four-wheeler accident off Highway 59 in Loxley Thursday.

A man was airlifted to the hospital after he was run over by his own four-wheeler near the Bunny Bread Outlet. Police say the man had his dog tied to the four-wheeler, and the dog tried to run off, pushing the throttle and causing the four-wheeler to hit the man.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Please keep Cooper in your thoughts, guys. He wouldn't eat this weekend. That's a first. Not even high value treats. He's lost two pounds in the last 14 days, and he'd already been losing weight and muscle mass gradually. He's been lethargic the last few days and generally ... not good. He's at the vet's all day today for tests and observation. I'm supposed to pick him up in two hours, and I assume X Rays didn't show anything, or I probably would have gotten a call. Bloodwork should come back tomorrow ... We're hoping to just get some definitive diagnosis, whether it's good or bad news. Definitely one of those times when I wish dogs could talk!

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Please keep Cooper in your thoughts, guys. He wouldn't eat this weekend. That's a first. Not even high value treats. He's lost two pounds in the last 14 days, and he'd already been losing weight and muscle mass gradually. He's been lethargic the last few days and generally ... not good. He's at the vet's all day today for tests and observation. I'm supposed to pick him up in two hours, and I assume X Rays didn't show anything, or I probably would have gotten a call. Bloodwork should come back tomorrow ... We're hoping to just get some definitive diagnosis, whether it's good or bad news. Definitely one of those times when I wish dogs could talk!
Sorry to hear this - fingers crossed for you and Cooper.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor

Fingers crossed, Monique.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Difficult day for you guys, @Monique. So sorry to hear that Cooper is not doing well. I went through a time like that with Toby when he was 15.

I'm hoping for the best outcome for all of you.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm supposed to pick him up in two hours, and I assume X Rays didn't show anything, or I probably would have gotten a call. Bloodwork should come back tomorrow ... We're hoping to just get some definitive diagnosis

hoping news is more positive, wishing best for Cooper.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
hoping news is more positive, wishing best for Cooper.

Thanks!

His blood work was, in the vet's words, frustrating. Her hunch, which her consultant on the blood work also independently suggested, was Lepto, despite him being regularly vaccinated. There was also the thought of a tick borne illness, but he hasn't had any ticks this year or ... I'm not sure if I ever remember him having ticks or fleas.

We're getting more tests done, but in the meantime he started antibiotics last night. This morning, his temperature was back to canine normal and he did eat the big glob of peanut butter hiding his pills, and maybe half his breakfast (which itself was partly kibble but largely bits of cheese, liver, and treats). He also has been more alert. Though I'm not sure what happened - he stopped half way through the dog door and didn't seem to want to lift his rear legs to come back inside. Problematic when it's 6* F outside. I coaxed him in. Hoping his feet were just really cold.

I bought yet another type of treat, and of the four in the house, he seems to be willing to eat two or three at a time. They're only four calories each, but that's something at least. American cheese also seems to be tempting.

I forgot to buy more beef heart last night, but we did buy some chicken breast that I hope will tempt him tonight.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
good to hear some progress towards the positive.

Eating is most always a good thing. Hope his condition improves, if lethargic maybe any infection is affecting joints or maybe they're just stiff.

You are correct, there are times being able to talk to the pooch would help.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Thanks, all. Here's a picture of Cooper. I'm still very worried. I screwed up last night. I've been leaving the dog door available, but it turns out Cooper is happy to go out, but then balks at coming in. He's never scratched the door or anything useful when he wants to come in; he just sits there silently. So my dog who has a fever was stuck outside for probably half an hour in very low temperatures, in the snow, until I realized he was out there. I was busy cooking chicken for him at the time ... then I fed him some treats that he was willing to keep eating, so I scattered a few more and a few more and gave him some cheese even past when he was kinda like "ehh mom, I don't need any more" ... and yeah, he puked it all up, plus the peanut butter his antibiotics were stuffed into =/ they were dissolved, but I don't know if any got into his system.

He's so skinny =/ And when he goes outside even just to potty, he shivers for minutes afterwards. That's never been the case. And when I put a blanket on him, he puts up with it.

So, no more dog door for now. They get a door(wo)man.

This morning, he didn't want to eat his antibiotics stuffed in peanut butter. I pried his jaws open and shoved the peanut butter in, and he did eat it from there. Felt awful, but I had to get them in him. Then for breakfast, I just gave him a few chunks of chicken breast and broth, which he did eat.

Yesterday afternoon, we made a lot of pumpkin bread and muffins (perfecting recipes for the restaurant), and he was very excited about that, so I hope he got all of those calories into his system before he puked. That was the first time I saw him actually excited for food and even begging. But this morning, he was eh about it.

IMG_20191030_203941.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online