• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Cooper had surgery last Tuesday to remove a growth under his jaw. I was a little worried about him the first few days - extremely lethargic (hi pain meds!) and poor appetite, likely due to antibiotics. I was worried he wasn't drinking, either, and he had some weird thing about not wanting to step out into the grass. A walk seemed to cheer him up, though.

But by now, he's doing great, his appetite is back, and the Cone of Shame doesn't bother him, as he has no shame! Good thing, too - he gets to wear it for 10 days so that he doesn't scratch at the stitches.

Sorry about the demon-dog glare.
IMG_20190911_072011.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Cooper had surgery last Tuesday to remove a growth under his jaw. I was a little worried about him the first few days - extremely lethargic (hi pain meds!) and poor appetite, likely due to antibiotics. I was worried he wasn't drinking, either, and he had some weird thing about not wanting to step out into the grass. A walk seemed to cheer him up, though.

But by now, he's doing great, his appetite is back, and the Cone of Shame doesn't bother him, as he has no shame! Good thing, too - he gets to wear it for 10 days so that he doesn't scratch at the stitches.

Sorry about the demon-dog glare.
View attachment 80202

Just to close the loop, we got Cooper's lab (hah) results back - the tumor was totally benign and fully excised. Two more days in the cone of shame, and then FREEDOM.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
The best way to get both dogs in one frame is to offer treats. I love Loki's slightly crazed and worried expression. "What if she doesn't give us any more treats??"
IMG_20190919_161640.jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe in wine thread ... but Roxy loves corks

Attachments

• 20190928_145806.jpg
    20190928_145806.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 6

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Nice lathe!
My late grandfather's South Bend from the Norfolk Navy Yard, manufacture date 1918. 8 foot bed, all cast iron. Put some tempered glass on it and turned it into a bar/place to hold Cuban cigars and watch football with the dogs. He converted it to run on 240 volt with a dryer motor and it still works. It probably deserves better than being a brown liquor drink holder, but it is what it is - 3500 pounds of awesomeness with a family connection. That said, I'm not moving it again. But I'm not moving again, so . . .

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
That is slick. Glad you have it. Saw a bunch of those in the machine shop on Midway Island when I was the Public Works Officer out there. Beautiful pieces of equipment.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

love me the Dachsund

The first reminds me of the WWII Russian Antitank dogs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_dog

In summary, the Russian army trained dogs to dive under tanks by feeding them under Russian tanks. The dogs would be fitted with a 10 kg bomb with a stick trigger on top. One problem, Russian tanks used Diesel engines and the Germans used gasoline engines so the dogs went for the "right" smelling tanks, much to the concern of the Russian Tank Crews. :eek: Also scared dogs would return to their handlers and the bombs were active. :( Not as effective as they were hoping for. They did work and the Russians continued training antitank dogs until 1996.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
saw same story, ran it on a separate thread themed for rescue services .. really great they did this.

evil of me to say but in ways I feel these are more worthy than when someone just doesn't put thought into their own travel plans and then cost tens of thousands to rescue.

Still happier they're found but geez, Darwinism is true. ; )

(of course I've never done anything dumb!)