• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
upload_2019-5-13_17-43-45.jpeg

The Big Paw in his leather arm chair. He died this past December aged 16 yrs, 2 months. King of Siberian Huskies. I miss him every day!

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Messed up his pads out on the trail and wouldn't stop licking it. Turned into a kind of hot spot/semi infection so he was forced to wear the new school cone of shame. Didn't last long... Was supposed to be puncture proof but the psycho popped it within 48 hours!! Seems to be healing up
image.jpeg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is the time of night where Ziggy would have come up to us and told us it was time for his (our) walk.
It's one of those feelings that I both cherish and at same time leaves me a bit longing.

Still find times i long for our first girl basenji, she passed away 12 years ago.

no doubt we miss our friends.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Took the beasts on a hike today.

Obviously, it's impossible to get both dogs in focus in the same frame at the same time.

IMG_20190624_125832.jpg
IMG_20190624_125844.jpg
IMG_20190624_133011.jpg
IMG_20190624_133035.jpg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Met a Bernedoodle on Sunday; I am in love. Very mellow dog even for a youngster. Sounds like the best traits of the standard Poodle and the Bernese. May never have one but what a great mix.

download.jpg

This one is just for fun and very self explanatory. A Goldens dream.

941138_479754505433724_62104513_n.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
It's interesting to see how Cooper is aging at 11-12 years old. At home, he's stopped jumping up to put his front paws in my hands when I asked him to. His hind legs are clearly slipping more and more when he sits on the hardwood floor. You can tell he's stiff and achey sometimes, and when you're massaging his flanks, you want to be gentle.

On a hike, he can run up a vertical creek washout and propel himself over the edge. When Loki (3 years younger) is pooped and trailing us (stepping on my heels the whole way), Cooper is jogging ahead, looking back occasionally, seemingly wondering why we're so far behind. Still dashing hither and yon to check out little noises and smells. This is on a six mile trail, or who knows how long in off leash dog miles. It took us almost four hours, about 45 minutes of which was sitting at a creek, but we humans were hobbling along after an intense gym workout the previous day.

All dogs are not built the same. Loki has had some sort of hind leg gait issue for years. We've tried all sorts of things - CBD does help so that he's not crippled for two days after a hike, but he's definitely gimping around this morning. On the hike back, he was noticeably drained. He only dashed forward a couple of times.

We leashed the dogs for the final uphill approach to the trailhead. Neither dog was any use in pulling us up the hill, so clearly they both have aged.

Sponsor

Staff online