• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
ellyscreentest1a.jpg

Messing with the dslr and photoshop. I used to shoot a lot of BW in the SLR days. Not sure if I like the non film version as much, but playing with the shadows in photoshop brings out texture better.

Pro tip. To focus a Lab, put a piece of cheese on top of the lens.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Pro tip. To focus a Lab, put a piece of cheese on top of the lens.

Genius!

Except ...

I did a professional photo shoot a few years ago. Loki couldn't be convinced that standing on crinkly white paper was okay, so we really didn't get a photo of him looking his best. Cooper, on the other hand, was SO excited by the treats that he wouldn't sit still and kept jumping and lunging all over the place like a crazy person.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Loki couldn't be convinced that standing on crinkly white paper was okay, so we really didn't get a photo of him looking his best. Cooper, on the other hand, was SO excited by the treats that he wouldn't sit still and kept jumping and lunging all over the place like a crazy person.

Dogs are crazy persons.

My dog barks at strangers (or friends) when they arrive, of course. But if they step out of sight for a moment, he barks all over again when they reappear.

My daughter's dog is inordinately afraid of heat grates. Like, so afraid that there is one hall she will not use. It has a heat grate. She glares at any floor grate as if it is out to get her. But she's a crazy person in so many ways. She used to be afraid of Men. All Men.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Dogs are crazy persons.

My dog barks at strangers (or friends) when they arrive, of course. But if they step out of sight for a moment, he barks all over again when they reappear.

My daughter's dog is inordinately afraid of heat grates. Like, so afraid that there is one hall she will not use. It has a heat grate. She glares at any floor grate as if it is out to get her. But she's a crazy person in so many ways. She used to be afraid of Men. All Men.

My dogs only bark at people coming in the front door. If you come in from the garage, you're not a threat. Apparently.

Loki is very suspicious of plastic bags, especially if they're hooked on something and fluttering.

Several years ago, Cooper had me and my friend in stitches during a ten minute process of staring in suspicion and fright at a small tree stump sticking out of the water. Over that time, he made nervous arcs that eventually closed in on the offending stump. Once there - again, this took about ten minutes - he sniffed the stump and then finally raised his leg to pee on it. Then he ignored it and went on his merry way without another thought. We could just picture him saying, "Well, I sure showed that stump who's boss!" ... we have pictures somewhere.

It has been snowing tiny flakes this morning. I took advantage of the dogs' desire to get inside to take some photos through the glass.

20180406_101445.jpg
20180406_101337.jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Doggies can be a bit crazed like some of us ...

our rescue from nearly 3 years ago has just finally stated warming up to my spouse. I've pushed MJ into coming over to Bill (the rescue) whenever he's next to me or may kids just to pat and scratch him and say hello. Give him treats, feed etc as it's been just too long for the cautious guy.

It's been working, he's started watching her come and go from rooms, which from history was his queue to taking an interest in a human to be a friend. MJ caught him just this am on camera while she worked from home. Bill snuck in and sat on the other side of the table to be more near her and our female Basenji Roxy.

Bill sneaking.jpg

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
He looks like my sister when she went to kindergarten - they had to sit in the circle for circle time but she refused and sat under a table for a few weeks. Then she moved to the circle, but sat facing out instead of in. I don't remember how long it took her to actually participate.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
My friend found those photos of Cooper's stump incident. Not pictured, sadly: the moment when he finally lifted his leg to pee on the stump.

We really were in stitches watching him slowly approach the terrifying stump.

This was 2009. I can't believe how time flies.

10399918_118053612062_1732832_n.jpg
10399918_118053627062_4681691_n.jpg
10399918_118053637062_6036853_n.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Lots of snow up here today.

20180413_171013.jpg
20180413_171331.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Reminds me of Loki's ears - I'll have to dig up some pics. I swear his ears at 5 months were full sized!

Sponsor