• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Paging @Jellybeans1000 and @jack97 and @nay ... what's the blob going to do to the US west this year?

(Also, you might want to fix your title - it should be "affect" with an "a"... just my personal little pet peeve... Unless you meant "effect" as in "bring about" or "cause to happen" :cool: )

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Tony

tseeb
Skier
The blob can be very bad for nearly all N American ski areas. See 2014-15 summary at https://www.bestsnow.net/

That was the year that total season snowfall at the bottom of Squaw and mid-mountain at Heavenly was 88". Also compare number of places hitting record season highs vs. record season lows. Hoping this year is different.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not gonna a worry about a few data points (one?) brought to light by the guffaw Weather Channel. It's the National Enquirer with a weather section. Nat Geo makes a valid point though about LT possible consequences.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
If the blob hangs on, it'll be another Crystal Mountain Green Valley only season... and ski touring higher up. If not, I'll be normal.

FWIW, while the terrain was really limited, I did manage to ski a lot that season. Crystal also has snow making now, so hopefully there will be enough cold spells to open up more of the mtn. this time around.

Last edited:

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The blob can be very bad for nearly all N American ski areas. See 2014-15 summary at https://www.bestsnow.net/

That was the year that total season snowfall at the bottom of Squaw and mid-mountain at Heavenly was 88". Also compare number of places hitting record season highs vs. record season lows. Hoping this year is different.
Yep, that was the season I only skied 4 days. Then I didn't even buy a pass for the next season , and spent lots of money on day passes that season (2015-2016).

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
To the NW members, sorry to see the Blob coming back. When I saw Bastardi's winter forecast and the lack of snow he is forecasting for this region, it implies a blocking pattern at the Alaska gulf.

Winter_2018_19_Snowfall___August(1).png

Sponsor