• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Same lift ticket - you can ski back and forth all day long.

Yes, although would recommend planning your day (or at least half-day) for one side or the other. Getting between the two sides isn't super convenient, and requires some cattracks and a couple of lifts. Then again, that's true of the entire place - better to focus on one area at a time.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, although would recommend planning your day (or at least half-day) for one side or the other. Getting between the two sides isn't super convenient, and requires some cattracks and a couple of lifts. Then again, that's true of the entire place - better to focus on one area at a time.
True.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier

Skiing between Big Sky and Moonlight doesn't require skiing cat tracks for stronger skiers. Using the Challenger and Headwaters lifts (or the tram for some North Summit adventures) it is easy to avoid skiing a cat track to navigate between the two areas. It is always good to have a plan when skiing a large ski area to avoid spending the day on skiing across the mountain on cat tracks.

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Skiing between Big Sky and Moonlight doesn't require skiing cat tracks for stronger skiers. Using the Challenger and Headwaters lifts (or the tram for some North Summit adventures) it is easy to avoid skiing a cat track to navigate between the two areas. It is always good to have a plan when skiing a large ski area to avoid spending the day on skiing across the mountain on cat tracks.

That is true, and I probably should have mentioned it for this group . . .

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
When I was there a few years ago, the transition between Big Sky "proper" and Moonlight Basin was seamless ... it just felt like another part of the resort, much like the different peaks at Breck. But bigger.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just a PSA, JetBlue has extended their flight schedules into April. There are a lot of direct flights to Bozeman.

Skisailor

Laziest Skier on the Mountain
Skier
I'm a new Pugski member, but as a Big Sky instructor, I'd be happy to help with pre-trip advice and can also make myself available during the Gathering to guide members around the resort. I can't afford to take a week off! But I'm sure I will have some down time to help out, especially for members who have not been to Big Sky before or who are interested in skiing off the peak for the first time.

Laura

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm a new Pugski member, but as a Big Sky instructor, I'd be happy to help with pre-trip advice and can also make myself available during the Gathering to guide members around the resort. I can't afford to take a week off! But I'm sure I will have some down time to help out, especially for members who have not been to Big Sky before or who are interested in skiing off the peak for the first time.

Laura
Awesome! Thank you. :beercheer:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi Skisailor. I am pretty sure I've skied with you in the past.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hello @Skisailor, look forward to meeting you at or before the gathering.
Wife and I just relocated to the meadows last week from the Catskills.

Any stashes you care to share would be appreciated, we’ve done 50+ days here and still haven’t scratched the surface of what BS has to offer.

Skisailor

Laziest Skier on the Mountain
Skier
Hello @Skisailor, look forward to meeting you at or before the gathering.
Wife and I just relocated to the meadows last week from the Catskills.

Any stashes you care to share would be appreciated, we’ve done 50+ days here and still haven’t scratched the surface of what BS has to offer.

That depends what kind of terrain you like to ski. :) Let me know! But absolutely - I love to share this mountain with others. Will be nice to meet you. And welcome to Big Sky! I have a little Hill Condo in the mountain village which I rent out. And I live in Bozeman

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If any readers here plan on buying a Mountain Collective Pass for this event or for any other reason, please use the ads that are on the site, thank you.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yup. We definitely skied together when EPIC had the gathering at Big Sky a few years back. But since then I've got another 500 or so days on the mountain. :ogcool:
I look forward to skiing with you again!

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Going to try and schedule my Red Lodge, Bridger Bowl trip around this week with hopes of skiing Big Coulior with some of ya'll.

Warning: I'll be traveling and skiing out of a van. Likely very smell by then the Big Sky day.

Is there an overview of events anywhere? Group ticket discounts? Or just shut up and read the damn thread?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Going to try and schedule my Red Lodge, Bridger Bowl trip around this week with hopes of skiing Big Coulior with some of ya'll.

Warning: I'll be traveling and skiing out of a van. Likely very smell by then the Big Sky day.

Is there an overview of events anywhere? Group ticket discounts? Or just shut up and read the damn thread?
We haven't posted the details and schedule to the best of my knowledge.
I believe we will close this thread and open the official discussion for Big Sky soon.
This thread was posted back in March to inform the community about the Gathering schedule going forward.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Likely very smell by then the Big Sky day.

PSA The truck stops at four corners (US 191 & 84/85) have showers if you need to clean up on your way through from Red Lodge (aka Rock Dodge) and bridger Bowl.

There might be people attending the Gathering who will beg you to visit their condo and take a shower.

Do some laundry while you’re at it. ‘Cause, I mean, we gotta ski with you, you know?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
There might be people attending the Gathering who will beg you to visit their condo and take a shower.

Do some laundry while you’re at it. ‘Cause, I mean, we gotta ski with you, you know?

You only have to smell me if you're uphill of me. Ski faster == no smells.

Speaking of uphill, anyone else gonna have touring gear and want to stretch their legs near Big Sky during the gathering? Would be fun to skip some meadows one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online