• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
Today marks the start of an new era for my business, The Adventure Project. Finally our new website is up and running at https://www.theadventureproject.net/. This has been about 6 months of work by Julie Appleford and myself and I'm proud of what we have achieved. If you have a moment, then please check it out. Of course we'd love your feedback (still finding and correcting a few bugs and I think the site does work better on desktop).

This site was designed to showcase all new our trips and current destinations in more detail, but in an exciting and user-friendly way. We have some really nice photos and video's now after 10 years of work and I've tried to make this site visually appealing, to better immerse you in the experience but with enough detailed written information. I wanted the information to be easily accessible and exciting. Hopefully people spend more time on the site and look around more (the previous site averaged less than 2 page views per visit). There will be a blog added soon for new content.

There's more detail in terms of logistics and trip information. I will eventually have video of all our hotels so people can better see where they are staying. That will be completed after this winter hopefully. There is a greater focus on the cultural side of our trips (still good detail on the ski and snowboard experience too). I've listed a few of our future trips, though behind the scenes, we are planning new trips all the time and we have some great destinations in the works, not all are listed on the website.

Hopefully it is more obvious that we cater to less experienced skiers and boarders (intermediate to expert, apart from Gulmarg, which is advanced to expert) and it's not just all about sidecountry/backcountry. Guests can focus on technique, guiding, or a bit of both. That can be in or out of bounds. I think in the past, we've come across as just a high-end guiding service and potentially scared off people that would have been very suited to our program. We offer a diverse service with a healthy focus on safety, with a growing list of exotic and unique destinations. We are trying to do something different and I'm excited about where the business is heading.

Please make any comments below, would love to hear your feedback. Thank you for all of the support. It's been a long and difficult journey, but finally the business is doing well and headed in the right direction. Thanks to all of our current and previous guests, guides and all our friends at Pugski. Without you, we wouldn't be at this stage. Cheers everyone! Thanks to Salomon, BAIST Gloves, Glide Nano and Xevo Optics for the product support.

20190812_112000.jpg
Chile - Nevados de Chillan

17522671_1489993064353861_4709836817277691126_n.jpg China - Altay Cat Skiing

20190331_122007.jpg Georgia - Gudauri

20190405_110726.jpg Georgia - Tetnuldi

20190312_122626.jpg India - Gulmarg

51198126_1949357468504738_5774499665940578304_n.jpg Japan - Hokkaido

20190211_114405_023_01.jpg Japan - Tohoku

20190724_112313.jpg
New Zealand - Porters

- Matt Appleford

Sponsor