• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Active Upper Body

Tip Nippley

Booting up
Inactive
So Razie I know your school of thought basically disdain leg steering, but have you ever thought about during the transition while there is very little balance on your skis holding them on their line that turning your legs against the way you are actually turning can stop the pivot....

I hope that makes sense. I said something pretty similar in my first post in this thread.

This might help people's understanding and may possibly give them a feeling of what you are talking about (please, nobody get into all the physics stuff, its just a weird example).

When you are sitting on the chair with legs hanging, tip your ankles inside the boot one direction. Tip to the left side of the hill or the right and watch which way your skis turn. You'll notice that when you feel the pressure on the left side of your boots on your ankle bone your skis will move right. Now try to make some easy 'rotary based' turns imagining the same feeling. It will feel like you are skiing on your downhill edges, which is nice.