• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
I drove up last night too, and skied until one. Beautiful. Until it got overcrowded:ogcool:

NPhoenix

Joe G
Skier
I drove up last night too, and skied until one. Beautiful. Until it got overcrowded:ogcool:

I left around the same time but didn't notice any crowds. I thought there would be way more people with the schools out. Great day except I got a little over excited and tore my skis up a bit around white lighting and the bottom of shiprocks. Now to fix that core shot.....

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I left around the same time but didn't notice any crowds. I thought there would be way more people with the schools out. Great day except I got a little over excited and tore my skis up a bit around white lighting and the bottom of shiprocks. Now to fix that core shot.....

You need more wax. Make your skis look like Krispy Kreme donuts on sharky days. I've really saved my skis by doing that the last few seasons.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Considering the season total is what it is, shit was good. This is a bleak as fuck season and we had knee deep powder up there yesterday and a mostly open resort. If this season had been a few years ago yesterday might've been opening day.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think there needs to be a ski designed for low tide powder conditions like we see here, basically designed for desert powder, something resistant to core shots and tearing edges, sacrifice speed for durability and be able to crush minimal powder conditions without worrying about wrecking your equipment.

TS
raisingarizona

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’ve been enjoying it up there. I agree, they wouldn’t have even opened until last week or this week without snowmaking.

As far as equipment goes, I’m sure you can find something more burly. Check out Igneous skis for example. I’m more worried about my body than my gear though! And iggys dont go slow.

Lower Volcano is still the best thing going right now, other than that White Lightning wasn’t too bad. Everything else with natural snow is hairy af though. The unsettled base may be 40 inches but that’s packed down to probably 18! Be careful out there.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
It was definitely a yellow lens day today.

Maybe upbto 9 inches tonight......

185C3A65-C9ED-4D8F-96A1-D295B2134A22.jpeg

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
Snowbowl had abou 4 inches overnight, not as much as hoped for, but it skied really well. Fun day!

B65E0998-47E4-4A4E-BFFE-0D681C98F000.jpeg

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
looking decent just in time for spring lol. Hopefully the storm on Fri-Sat gives us enough to get through early April.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Was out on Monday. Really looking thin on the bottom of Hart's prarie and the approach to GCE. Not sure they'll be able to keep Hart's open till April without more snow than is currently in the forecast. #worldsmostoptimisticspringbreak

For a Monday, rentals was a complete fustercluck. The equipment line at one point, stretched all the way around the drop off circle to the first parking lot. It was actually worse than 3/3, but both days meant that the learn in 5 newbies I brought didn't hit the slopes before lunch :doh:

Snowbowl guest services conveniently sent me a satisfaction survey Monday... You can imagine my response...

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Was out on Monday. Really looking thin on the bottom of Hart's prarie and the approach to GCE. Not sure they'll be able to keep Hart's open till April without more snow than is currently in the forecast. #worldsmostoptimisticspringbreak

For a Monday, rentals was a complete fustercluck. The equipment line at one point, stretched all the way around the drop off circle to the first parking lot. It was actually worse than 3/3, but both days meant that the learn in 5 newbies I brought didn't hit the slopes before lunch :doh:

Snowbowl guest services conveniently sent me a satisfaction survey Monday... You can imagine my response...

Wow. That is frustrating. Bringing newbies for that Learn in 5 program should have some sort of convenience to accommodate the students so that they are ahead in the line , and not late for their lessons. It would be nice if Snowbowl considered the needs of those students, like they do for the SkiWee program: having separate rental and check-in services. For the kids under 8 SkiWee is very well managed, efficient, and easy for the parents.

I was up on Tuesday and left at noon. When I noticed the line for those half-day visitors I knew the mountain would again become dangerously overcrowded. When you see more rental skis on the slopes than any other, it's time to leave.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Dryheat putting them on those shitty green Elan rentals that Snowbowl has been using for 3 years in a row???? you trying to make your friends hate skiing forever?

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
@Dryheat putting them on those shitty green Elan rentals that Snowbowl has been using for 3 years in a row???? you trying to make your friends hate skiing forever?

C'mon Core2... skiing the first time can be a wonderful experience, no matter what skis are on your feet. The sensation of gliding on the snow is what makes us all return for a second try. Beginners usually have more issues with the boots than the skis, but often don't even realize it .

I remember when I was a kid and skateboards were getting popular before they were commercially made for purchase. Parents were making them from either 1x6, 2x4, etc, and attaching roller skate wheels removed from those strap-on skates. Impossible to steer, yet we all had a blast. Learning a new sport is more about the adventure in the challenge, than the quality of the equipment .

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The green Elan's were out in full force today. Upper mountain picked up a couple inches, tomorrow morning should be nice.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Those Elans are definitely making a statement about the popularity of Snowbowl this season! As much as I encourage the learning of the sport, I do regret that I am inconvenienced by having to leave sooner than I want to. LOL Have to be hypervigilant getting off that Grand Canyon lift too. :doh::ogcool::crash:

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
I actually lucked out on Monday. She got some white elan's as they were nearly out. I'm guessing 2015 snow model. She said these ones were great! I asked what she liked about them.... The top sheet :doh:

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
I didn't see it mentioned here yet... apparently Snowbowl's initiated the review process to replace Agassiz with a chondola: https://liftblog.com/2018/03/09/news-roundup-71/

I guess having a few gondola cars will increase accessibility for summer ops, and I'm sure plenty of folks will appreciate a quicker ride. Sounds nice to me!

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I didn't see it mentioned here yet... apparently Snowbowl's initiated the review process to replace Agassiz with a chondola: https://liftblog.com/2018/03/09/news-roundup-71/

I guess having a few gondola cars will increase accessibility for summer ops, and I'm sure plenty of folks will appreciate a quicker ride. Sounds nice to me!

I heard a couple rumors about this but I didn't believe it. So cool!