• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Thanksgiving Weekend At Rose?

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I'm thinking of spending Black Friday and its weekend in North Tahoe skiing Rose. Any thoughts? Is this one of these crazy weekends with impossible crowds? Black Friday is not a Holiday for me, so I'll rather not burn a vacation day if it's not worth it ... I can take some other Friday off, and regular Fridays are a pleasure!!!!!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm thinking of spending Black Friday and its weekend in North Tahoe skiing Rose. Any thoughts? Is this one of these crazy weekends with impossible crowds? Black Friday is not a Holiday for me, so I'll rather not burn a vacation day if it's not worth it ... I can take some other Friday off, and regular Fridays are a pleasure!!!!!

I wouldn't burn a day for it even if it is a use it or loose it by the end of the year. I would wait a couple of weeks till there is a better chance there will be a good base.

TS
Mendieta

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I wouldn't burn a day for it even if it is a use it or loose it by the end of the year. I would wait a couple of weeks till there is a better chance there will be a good base.

Thank you, Phil, I might shoot to be there just for Saturday then, no vacation-day burning necessary that way :)

We've been taking one day trips sometimes:we leave Friday evening after the traffic rush, sleep on the road (mid-way), wake up early the next day, quick breakfast and we drive the rest to Rose. We then just drive back home at 4pm. Dinner on the road on the way back. Not bad :)

Last edited:

Sponsor