• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico Texas invasion of taos

Codger

Booting up
Skier
When is the supposed Texas invasion of Taos that is said to increase crowds?

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Is it ever really bad at Taos compared to other places? All the Texans go to Purgatory, Wolf Creek, Ski Apache and Angel Fire.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Also, if you want to buy real estate in NM you are looking in Southern NM right now. Ruidoso is the place to be. PM me if you need a realtor.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Is it ever really bad at Taos compared to other places? All the Texans go to Purgatory, Wolf Creek, Ski Apache and Angel Fire.

So you are saying one round to the temple is much better than two rounds?

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
TX spring break is usually the 2nd week of March, so the week of March 10. After TX, it will be spring break for OK/AZ and everyone else.

We have been spoiled. It is never really crowded here but there are noticeably more people during spring break weeks.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
TX spring break is usually the 2nd week of March, so the week of March 10. After TX, it will be spring break for OK/AZ and everyone else.

We have been spoiled. It is never really crowded here but there are noticeably more people during spring break weeks.
This, and Ruidoso/Apache formerly known as Sierra Blanca is ground zero for Texas and Oklahoma Spring Break.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This, and Ruidoso/Apache formerly known as Sierra Blanca is ground zero for Texas and Oklahoma Spring Break.

And how does that affect the price of Swiss cheese?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Why the hell would I want to go to Ruidoso? Is there skiing there?
My avatar photo was taken there, If you're looking for a place to hide out away from the Spring Break crowds go to Pajarito.

CS2-6

>50% Chicken Fried Steak w/w
Skier
Texas schools go on Spring Break in early March, with some districts/campuses as early as the first weekend; but almost everyone is back in school by the last week.

But, Taos has too many hard, icy moguls and actual skiing to suit most Texans. We'd just as soon go Angel Fire, Red River, or Purgatory for those mild, flavorless groomers.

I've lived in The Great State my entire life and skied every year since I was 4, but last year was the first time I'd ever been to (or even heard of) Ski Santa Fe.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid