• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Testosterone Increases Performance..Whaaatttt???

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
To be honest, I expected posters on this forum to have a quite different take. Where are all the keep-courts-out-of-sport hands-off club?

I am quite surprised, tbh. Nobody is really skiing. And yet no one is taking red-flag exception to quotes such as:

The Court of Arbitration for Sport in May found that the rules for athletes with DSD were discriminatory, but that the discrimination was “necessary, reasonable and proportionate” to protect “the integrity of female athletics”.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
To be honest, I expected posters on this forum to have a quite different take. Where are all the keep-courts-out-of-sport hands-off club?

I am quite surprised, tbh. Nobody is really skiing. And yet no one is taking red-flag exception to quotes such as:

The Court of Arbitration for Sport in May found that the rules for athletes with DSD were discriminatory, but that the discrimination was “necessary, reasonable and proportionate” to protect “the integrity of female athletics”.
Well, the whole transgender issue takes things to a very different level. I take no issue at all with a person who is trans, but I DO take issue with a person who has male sex hormones competing as a female athlete. I kind of didn't want to open that can of worms because I don't want it to get political, although I must admit I don't see this as political so much as a black-and-white issue of testosterone levels.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
as a black-and-white issue of testosterone levels.

Notice that any hard ruling on acceptable vs. unacceptable actual levels of testosterone requires a complete revamp of the thinking behind current biological passport practice - politics is going to happen.

On the upside, a hard ruling might open the way to competition for older athletes on HRT.

Reactions: Ron
TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
It's a tricky thing..and for once I feel like I can't get in trouble on something! :D Just hand it off to the ladies and let them go at it..

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Born a boy, compete with the boys.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Messin with steroids is a bad idea unless it is truly medically indicated. I remember the two East Germans at the '76 Olympic. They gained a tremendous advantage through the careful medical management that the government arranged. They went one/two in the 100 and 200m backstroke beating the world record holder - a small 14yr old.

The East Germans have since spoken about their doping program and the harm that it did to their health.

Nancy was quite a girl!

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Born a boy, compete with the boys.

It's not always this simple. IOC seems to be trying to define what exactly is a 'woman'. Everyone not fitting that definition can compete, but not as a woman. 'Man' category is everything not 'woman.'

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's not always this simple. IOC seems to be trying to define what exactly is a 'woman'. Everyone not fitting that definition can compete, but not as a woman. 'Man' category is everything not 'woman.'

But it should be this simple. Anything else is unfair to women competitors. IMHO.

Sponsor