• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jimdh

Putting on skis
Skier
Future Olympian in Grandpa's helmet.
IMG_2133.JPG

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Heading to Big Sky...plane was delayed coming out of Boston due to freezing rain, and therefore I missed my connecting flight in Salt Lake. Delta was unable to get me out until the next morning (late morning)...and I would therefore miss one of my already limited ski days on the trip. Instead of taking that flight, I requested a late afternoon flight, my ski bag, and a voucher for a nearby hotel. The first two requests were granted, the third one was negotiated down to a mediocre discount.

Brighton was, at that time, the only Utah mountain on the MaxPass, and therefore made my decision where to ski fairly easy. Not necessarily the best ski conditions I've ever experienced, but the experience itself was one for the books.

966.jpg

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Heading to Big Sky...plane was delayed coming out of Boston due to freezing rain, and therefore I missed my connecting flight in Salt Lake. Delta was unable to get me out until the next morning (late morning)...and I would therefore miss one of my already limited ski days on the trip. Instead of taking that flight, I requested a late afternoon flight, my ski bag, and a voucher for a nearby hotel. The first two requests were granted, the third one was negotiated down to a mediocre discount.

Brighton was, at that time, the only Utah mountain on the MaxPass, and therefore made my decision where to ski fairly easy. Not necessarily the best ski conditions I've ever experienced, but the experience itself was one for the books.

View attachment 27958
That is what you call making the best of the situation. :golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
I wish I had the bigger version. This is top of Blueslip Bowl at Park City Ski Area sometime 1990. This is right under Pioneer chair. Had to wait for my friend on the chair for this. Hip check landings were common on skinny skis!

This was my 3rd year of skiing. I had to keep up or get ditched. The Park City H.S. kids KNEW what they were doing! I was faking until I finally made it. I was on K2 812's.
This was my Schmidt/Plake inspired "ninja air". Damn, I miss that $98 seasons pass!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
143_0448.JPG

Went to the Robot Restaurant in Tokyo with some friends not too long ago.
It's a must-see if you visit here, mega-silly but giga-fun.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Teaching at a DAV/VA winter sports clinic at Aspen in 2007. I was using a Geary snow bike. They are a blast.

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ok peer pressure so I've just uploaded the great Alf Engen doing a (I forgot what it's called) trick. Gelandesprung?
I'm just an old freestyler from the 70's, racer from the 80's, coach from the 90's and now I just ski but I have to pay for everything.

Alf Engen_landing.jpg

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
It's me.....Skiing.

Backstory. My wife knows one of the loval photographers at our ski area. I just happened to ride the lift with him, and the crew he was doing pics with, and got the invite to come along. That patch of snow was literally the only untouched bit on the whole mountain, he said ski down here and rip a turn and slash in to it.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't know the name for the move Alf is making, but it's not a gelandesprung. A gelandesprung is basically a ski jump with poles. It doesn't require any more infrastructure than a natural ledge to give one some air time. There once were gelandesprug contests, but more often it was just a spontaneous outbreak of joy, fun, or just a bit of craziness. Give it a try, use your poles for bit of a boost as you leave the snow, or rather just before you leave the snow. For political correctness always have a spotter.

Ok peer pressure so I've just uploaded the great Alf Engen doing a (I forgot what it's called) trick. Gelandesprung?
I'm just an old freestyler from the 70's, racer from the 80's, coach from the 90's and now I just ski but I have to pay for everything.

View attachment 28059

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My picture is from my 2nd day on the slopes, 2016/2017. We spent a 6 days at Tahoe, starting Christmas. This was at Squaw Valley, early morning.

upload_2017-8-17_18-56-10.jpeg

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Don't know the name for the move Alf is making, but it's not a gelandesprung. A gelandesprung is basically a ski jump with poles. It doesn't require any more infrastructure than a natural ledge to give one some air time. There once were gelandesprug contests, but more often it was just a spontaneous outbreak of joy, fun, or just a bit of craziness. Give it a try, use your poles for bit of a boost as you leave the snow, or rather just before you leave the snow. For political correctness always have a spotter.

yeah that's what I thought too but...anyway seeing you're from Crested Butte I've been off Paradise rock quite a few times

Sponsor

Staff online