• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Postholed and got stuck while hiking for fresh turns in extreme terrain above the Molly Hogan lift on retro day at ABasin.

IMG_1686.jpg

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Mine, here:

img_0944-jpg.24832

Courtesy of @Philpug . He is great at capturing the monent in media. The birth of the avatar can be witnessed here.

On the last weekend of Mt Rose this season, we spent a fun day with Phil and @Tricia . At some point I see Phil speed up ahead like there was no slush in there and stop. I later realized he was taking pics. This is the better one of three pictures that he took of me (the worst had decent edge angle but a lot of banking ;) ).

Anyways, I love my avatar because it reminds me of a lovely day in an amazing season. End of May, how cool is that ?

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Mine is just a fone foto of my television, taken while packing for a ski trip. The Bumble was always a favorite character and I just happened to catch him cross-eyed and toothless.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
1mam2-13.png
Hill photographer shot, Mammoth, mid Feb.2017, hero snow, great weather..my face hurt from the constant smile....
t'was a great week

Last edited:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This was at Whistler/Blackcomb, Thanksgiving weekend, November 27th, 2016 at 2:30pm. The photo was taken with by Lady Salina or her brother (forgot name, sorry) near Jersey Cream. Pretty amazeballs early season conditions, though those were soft moguls rather than untracked.

IMG_0034.JPG

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Typical blue bird powder day (8” overnight fresh) at Snowbird, April 2014. Full auto-cruise mode on Mort’s Meadow off the High Baldy Traverse. Skis – 2013 Volkl Kendo. Skiing with Mamie, @lady Salina, @Josh Matta, Josh’s GF (now wife) Diane.

Photo taken by Josh Matta.

Bruce.JPG

squill

Getting on the lift
Skier
Pata-Gucci jacket modeling for climbing photographer Jeremiah Watt, Feb. 2011, Figure 8 Hill, lower Wolverine Cirque in Utah. I'm actually P-turning on tele gear, drilled the rocks and went full ragdoll after he snapped this.

_JWP8298.jpg

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Mine is explained in a remarkably similar way to @Chris Walker : Me and my boy on a good day. He and I had left his mother and sister behind for much of the day. He had skied (quite well) his first black diamond*. He insisted on riding the bus back to the car with me and we giggled and laughed the whole way back. The selfie was his idea.

*Something I had withheld for, literally, years, until he was ready. Something I still don't permit unless conditions are right. He is 6 in this photo. Will be 8 by first snow this winter.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Pata-Gucci jacket modeling for climbing photographer Jeremiah Watt, Feb. 2011, Figure 8 Hill, lower Wolverine Cirque in Utah. I'm actually P-turning on tele gear, drilled the rocks and went full ragdoll after he snapped this.

View attachment 27480

Full photo is cool cos it makes you loom like a frikkin giant dominating those puny trees.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier

View attachment 27480
In my book, you get extra credit for the ragdoll!

Sponsor

Staff online