• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I know, but you said you could give me one :) I was curious what you'd give me

I guess I'd have to come up with something "wire-ad" worthy.
Okay I looked through your history and its clear you're a dog lover so I put a photo of my dog in your avatar, Gypsy the official shop dog of SkiTalk.

Send me a pic of your dog and I'll change it.:cattledog:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
Avatar me snowboarding inside Mount Rainier National Park in the early 1990's. A friend loaned me her infrared remote trigger for Nikon SLR. So I dragged my camera and a tripod out into the wilderness, pointed it at the lip of a big slope, stomped out a mini little kicker, and give it a shot.

The remote worked fine. Got a pretty cool sequence on film. If you look closely you can see how my trailing hand was pointing the remote at the camera. Unintentionally a better look than if that hand had been trailing behind me.

When I look at this picture though mostly what I think is how stupid I was to be there all by myself, having done zero avalanche testing, launching onto a big, slightly convex slope with several feet of heavy powder. You get away with it more than not, a lot more than not really, but all it takes is once.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
@cantunamunch : please tell us about your avatar. I beg you. I have a hard time falling asleep yesterday :roflmao:

1701275627008.png

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Nice surprise yesterday- My 30YR PSIA Pin and nice certificate. I was a member back in the 70's with level 2 and 10yrs but didn't pay my dues when I lived in Florida- they wanted 1500$ to buy back my credentials and time (to make up for not paying) I started over Voila! 30Years later I'm still skiing and more a volunteer at my home Mt.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Changed mine finally. It'd been awhile.

Photo shoot for a program promotion, the second of 3 turns and into the light, and on the planned mark.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Mine is at Brighton during the industry demo day earlier this winter. One good turn in between a few, um, lesser turns! On a pair of Zags.

Sponsor