• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Technical Equipment Cleaners: tech clothing cleaning and repair

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How many times do we see questions about cleaning and repair of our technical gear?
The Technical Equipment Cleaners in Truckee have been around for several years and have developed a very good reputation, so I thought of them immediately after I tore a hole in the sleeve of my Helly Hansen Powder Queen Jacket at Big Sky.

IMG_0225.jpeg

Upon arrival, they inspected the jacket to make sure that the tear was the only repair needed, then they explained why they wanted to clean the jacket before making the repair.
Because of the location and type of tear on the sleeve, they needed to patch it, but there were no patch colors that matched the color of the jacket, so we took a different direction and picked a color that matched the HH logo just above the tear. If I didn't tell you about the tear and repair, you'd never know the patch didn't belong there.
IMG_0745.jpeg

Upon picking up the jacket, I was thrilled on many accounts.
  • First, the cost was extremely affordable. (less than 35.00 for cleaning and repair)
  • The jacket was cleaner than it had been since it was new
  • The work was done in a timely manner
Technical Equipment Cleaners is upfront about their pricing.
You can ship gear to them for cleaning and repairs if you're out of the area.
They clean and repair household items, ski gear, work gear and equestrian gear.
They are super friendly and eager to help fill your technical cleaning and repair needs.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
+1 on Technical Equipment Cleaners. I have some pants they repaired when I used them too hard at Aspen Highlands and blew out the crotch. They now need the rub patches on the bottom repaired. They also very reasonably and quickly cleaned and patched an old North Face shell I’ve been using again as I like the long pit zips on it. I caught tree branch on the exit from some of Brighton’s side-country.

James

Out There
Instructor
Do they do mods like shorten pant legs? Their menu doesn't work on my mobile.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I believe so.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Another +1 on TEC. I love my orange pants, but by the end of the season, you can see all the lift dirt. For the past two seasons, I've dropped my gear off there in April to get everything cleaned. Prices are great, they will spot-clean, and last year, they even shipped the clean gear to me in the Bay Area, since I dropped everything off as we were leaving the ski house for the season.

They're also super nice and repair way more than ski jackets and pants.

Highly recommend them!

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Daniel repaired the broken cinch straps on my Thule snowboard (long enough for my skis) wheeled bag after I hauled 2-3 pairs of skis through airports, and many subway, train and bus rides in Hokkaido. He’s the best!!!

@Near Nyquist always raves about TEC, and I’m definitely planning to take my “rainbow” Gore-Tex shells there at the end of the season.

The shop also supports the Alpenglow Speaker Series at Squaw, and I’ve seen Daniel there with a table display. He’s an invaluable resource on various warranty claim too.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bumping this up because I've been asked about this recently.

Sponsor

Staff online