• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

(Tech) Snow Cookie versus Carv

pj415

Booting up
Skier
Read the threads on the latest ski tech products: Snow Cookie and Carv.

Snow Cookie

Carv

Any one have a chance to compare the two?

Snow Cookie uses a pod on each ski and a chest mount, where as Carv uses a boot insert. I think Snow Cookie would be less cumbersome than Carv. I never liked the wires dangling out of my boots, similar to boot heaters.

Snowcookie

Booting up
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Hi @pj415,
We have already provided a short functionality summary here. Unfortunately the link to the comparison image is broken so I will put it once again here.
uc

As for other users who could do some compare you might ask for sure @Philpug, as he already wrote a really short Snowcookie review here, but some users are still waiting for more detailed one, right? ;)

And could you please write our name properly as "Snowcookie", not "Snow Cookie"? :) This might be confusing for others. Thank you in advance for that!

Best
Mati

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Are either Snowcookie or Carv compatible with Android phones? And if not ,will they be in the future?

Snowcookie

Booting up
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Hi @graham418,
We estimate that Snowcookie might be ready with multi-platform app (Android + iOS) release in February/March 2020. As far as I know, Carv should be already available on Android. Obviously, Android platform is crucial for everyone :)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

All best
Mati

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
how about none of the above?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
strava just tell you times

This is supposely giving feedback based on pressure sensors and gyro with out the creators actually knowing what good skiing is. The first threads showed that. I will reference the original threads when I get student asking me why they shouldnt be forward all the time or transition quickly and those are the only 2 flaws found.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
honestly WTF is "hip insertion". if how far the hip move inside of a turn, again yet another thing that will royally screw people up. you hips movements inside of a turn should be a consequence of good movement and not a goal.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January