• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Any news on when Sac will open? Heading to the Ghee on Sunday and love all the terrain off that lift.
Think that will depend on the upcoming snow forecast for late this week- would guess that with so much southern exposure there coverage is pretty thin. Only lift that isn't turning as of today.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
IMG_0067.jpg
Blackfoot Chair disapearing into the fog and snow. Maybe +3" by 2pm or so. Think the weather guesser was a little off the good way. Forecast said flurries-wish all the flurries were like this. Enough to break out the new Endurances. Definitely hero snow and bumps, but think those things are worth the money. More snow in the forcast for the next couple days.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Targhee is kinda pessimistic when they report snowfall it seems- the closer to the top of Freds the more snow there seems to be. Busy place today- IF ski club lesson day- members get what basically amounts to free group lessons- our group had three people with a great instructor (don't forget to tip your instructor!)

Blackfoot chair about 1:30. it's ski on ski off
IMG_0079.jpg
In all of skiers right of Blackfoot goodness, have u ever stumbled on the Memorial Tree?....
IMG_0077.jpg
Quite the slide under the Dreamcatcher chair! I ski that zone frequently when we are there. The snow in October followed by a warmer, dry November is not good for avy danger.
Yes it's not a good year for back country on north facing slopes-even though that slide is not really north facing. Went to an avalance awareness Monday night and the speakers say they won't go into that stuff.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
IMG_0090.jpg
We needed the snow Tuesday night and Wednesday hit us with. We need a lot more of that kind of accumulation. Still a lot of places I won't venture yet. The place has been busy last two days - cars up in the loop parking all the way around. But it's FREE!!

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
IMG_0143.jpg
9" on the report this morning and started snowing around 10? sometimes hard. Skied up quick and then folks left and it filled in quick. 5-6" at least and still coming down when I left at 3:30 or so.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We'll be there in a few weeks. The forecast looks GOOD.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
IMG_0148.jpg
The fog line from the Blackfoot chair
IMG_0149.jpg and the plot thickens!
Another 9"+ inches. Didn't seem to get skied up too quick today- maybe tired legs had something to do with it after a couple good powder days. More snow forecast starting Wednesday.

SnowbirdDevotee

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks for the reports, I'll likely be skiing GT on Sunday, looking forward to the good snow. I have just a regular rental, if there is snow could I have trouble getting there from Jackson?

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Thanks for the reports, I'll likely be skiing GT on Sunday, looking forward to the good snow. I have just a regular rental, if there is snow could I have trouble getting there from Jackson?
the pass is closed tonight- couple of avalanches- one got a box truck trapped- snowed all day at the 'Ghee or until I left around 2- forecast is for 4-8" tonite for Idaho Falls so GT should get at least that. Hit some patches today that were knee deep. Last couple days have shared a chair with a couple folks from Snowbird- no snow?
IMG_0152.GIF

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier
@SnowbirdDevotee like @wyowindrunner said pass is closer right now. What do u mean by regular rental ... all season tires? No 4 wheel drive? Not enough snow 4 ya in Jackson? We used to not have 4 wheel drive and imo it can be a hairy drive without it. It’s supposed to snow Sunday, I’d get a ride from someone w a better car ....

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
The night's weather says a bunch is on the way- the stick of truth is showing 9" right now and still snowing The news says state boys are not plowing much due to blowing snow. May have to drive one of the PU's tomorrow- not for traction -the AWD CRV w/x-ice's has plenty of that -but for clearance- county roads that I live on get a little dicey. By the way Teton pass just opened back up. Good idea to heed Ella_g's advice.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
IMG_0156.jpg
Don't get many days like this- between the head wall and the drop into the good along rock garden. Guy on the weather right now saying messy 8 day forecast- 8 days of snow.

SnowbirdDevotee

Putting on skis
Skier
i made it to GT. Turns out they had a huge fleet of rental cars parked at JAC and the rental gave me an SUV for $20 more. Good choice, because it basically hasn't stopped snowing since I got here Saturday morning. I keep hearing this "grand foggy" and although the top of the the mountain off the highest lift had fog it was reasonable and the rest was fine. First run was knee deep untracked and then skied rest of day making nothing but powder turns. At 3pm the skiers left and it started snowing hard again, so enjoyed a few more runs in filled in snow. Not a mogul in sight yesterday at GT!!