• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So far everyone appears to be happy.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
PSA - Tech talk on Tuesday after skiing. 4:30 pm at the St. B. Highly recommended.

There will be a get together after the tech talk at our place after the tech talk. All are welcome.
We will have beer, wine and snacks.
Talk to one of the Grumps for specifics.

Last edited:

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Kevin is really happy with his group and was placed higher than he had expected. He really likes the instructor and a couple of the other people I talked to in his group are really happy with the instructor as well. He goes by Tiger. Anyway, Kevin is stoked. I will do the first of my four pack lessons today. I wanted to wait until the weekend was over so the class sizes would be smaller.. You never know, it could end up being a one on one. We'll see. I've had a couple other people highly recommend the Tech Talk as well so we are definitely in for that. I shot about a half dozen short videos of different pugs doing the ski off yesterday morning. I'll get them and some pics up as time permits.

ForeverSki

Getting on the lift
Skier
I can safely say I’m the lowest pug in the line up. My group has just the 2 of us women. The instructor’s name is Sandy. We are back to basics and doing it right. Sandy did say the group might get bigger Monday though.

ETA: I mean the highest in the line up, right? As in, the more uphill in the line up you get sorted, the worst you are.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
And now I'm injured. Almost tried to duplicate @Snowfan 's incredible tumble, but I was lucky to get down on my side before I started following the ski that popped off my left leg. That ski went a pretty long way and I was able to slide down on my side to get back to it. Unfortunately I significantly strained the upper portion of my calf muscle as the binding heel popped. I barely was able to get back to my car. Funny how I could still ski a bit, but walking is a nightmare.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
And now I'm injured. Almost tried to duplicate @Snowfan 's incredible tumble, but I was lucky to get down on my side before I started following the ski that popped off my left leg. That ski went a pretty long way and I was able to slide down on my side to get back to it. Unfortunately I significantly strained the upper portion of my calf muscle as the binding heel popped. I barely was able to get back to my car. Funny how I could still ski a bit, but walking is a nightmare.
Rice, rice, rice... heal quickly!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Not good. Sending recuperation thoughts!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Not injured here, just toasted. Toasted dark. Our instructor upped the game today. You don't come to Taos for an ego boost! Definitely learning some things, or at least being gently reminded of things I "knew" but wasn't actually doing. :rolleyes:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Is anyone interested in attending the dinner tonight at St. B's in my place? My leg really doesn't want to hobble over there so we have an available spot for anyone who might want it. If not, I guess we'll be calling the restaurant to try to cancel for me.

Sponsor