• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ah, but better to arrive the week after than leave the week before. ;)

Hmm... that's the kind of pseudo-logic I like. :golfclap:

I'm leaning toward Feb. 2nd - Feb. 9th (also because I have the 8th off and it'll save a vacation day :ogcool:)

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, I am very nearly convinced. How close are we to a consensus for Feb. 2 - 9? I see get a good deal on frequent flyer tickets to Albuquerque and don't want to have them disappear.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I haven't received the memo from my travel agent regarding our itinerary for the coming season. :nono:
I'll post it up once I know.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Damn, we would love to join everyone..and experience Taos but that is still Industry time for us and we will be eyeballs deep in 2020 gear tests. Have fun all.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
OK, I am very nearly convinced. How close are we to a consensus for Feb. 2 - 9? I see get a good deal on frequent flyer tickets to Albuquerque and don't want to have them disappear.

I moved our air bnb to feb 2-8 and now all we have to do is book our airfare. Peter’s coming! What’s the airfare deal you’re seeing?

If you go that week there will at least be 4 of us there - me, peter, @dbostedo @Sandy_NYC , maybe @Unpiste and family....

You can school us.

K

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I moved our air bnb to feb 2-8 and now all we have to do is book our airfare. Peter’s coming! What’s the airfare deal you’re seeing?

American Airlines frequent flyer from Boston through Dallas at the lowest award level. The purchase prices aren't bad either.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Any more news from anyone? A few of us have been doing some PM chattering about lodging / cars.
Any updates from the Grump travel department? @cosmoliu do you have to wait for your vacation allocation meeting? I'd love to show you around Taos (unless we both are following King Grump, which would be even better.)

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@cosmoliu do you have to wait for your vacation allocation meeting?

Yes. Allocation mtg is Oct 9. I also need to figure a couple of other things out. It would be great to tool around Taos with you and the Grump Man. It's been many, many years since I've been to Taos.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, I'm circling around this thing. I just put air tickets on 5 day hold.
Arriving ABQ Fri 1-Feb at 5:36 pm, leaving ABQ Sun 10-Feb at 12:25 pm.
(Had to cancel and rebook, since the first try I was returning in March instead of February.)

gski

Booting up
Skier
I'll see if I can make it sometime February 2nd - February 9th. Need to prioritize time off for the gathering, though we'll see what works!

Also, you're all welcome to Seattle for days at Crystal especially since it's on IKON. I'll be there often! Southback doesn't normally open until late December though we may get lucky earlier.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Ok, I'm circling around this thing. I just put air tickets on 5 day hold.
Arriving ABQ Fri 1-Feb at 5:36 pm, leaving ABQ Sun 10-Feb at 12:25 pm.
(Had to cancel and rebook, since the first try I was returning in March instead of February.)
Should have stuck with the original tickets! A whole month in Taos would be awesome!:thumb:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

If you go that week there will at least be 4 of us there - me, peter, @dbostedo @Sandy_NYC , maybe @Unpiste and family....

You can school us.

K

I have cancellable flights on hold just in case. They're cheap and on miles. Now the rest of it has to be. :popcorn:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have cancellable flights on hold just in case. They're cheap and on miles. Now the rest of it has to be. :popcorn:

PS: Look, we can't be waiting on Mamie to make a ruling on this thing. ( :hail: Sorry Mamie. I've watched The Crown. Monarchy is dead no matter how charismatic the regent. The queen may not make Taos. Long live the queen.) She's going to get to ski somewhere awesome no matter what WE do, so there's nothing in it for her to decide before the snow falls (or doesn't). And we all know KG is just, well, in thrall. So no point appealing there.( :eek: ) On the other hand, we vassals gotta make plans and convince the many varieties of bosses that this is gonna happen.