• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tamarack Bowls question

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm looking at maybe heading to Tamarack the first week in January and I was wondering if anyone had any info regarding when the bowls typically open for the year. Looking at the trail map, I'm sure that my teenagers would be all over the Wildwood/Half Moon/Banana Bowls part of the mountain. I know that's pretty early in the year, but would it be a safe bet to assume that the bowls would be in condition that early in the year? Yes, I know that it depends on conditions from year to year.

I could ask the same question about Brundage. How in shape is the mountain (usually) in early January?

Thanks much

RodneyBD

Hatfield made rain for L.A.
Skier
Bump. I'd also like to know. Indy pass interest.

Vinnie

Getting on the lift
Skier
Take another look at the trail map... Those bowls are outside the resort boundaries accessible via gates. Do your kids have the backcountry skills and avy gear for that?

TS
ksampson3

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good question. When we were at Bridger, I hired a guide to take them into the side country. I'd probably do the same thing here.

So....getting back to the original question - would the bowls typically be in condition at that time of year or do the bowls only shape up later in a typical season?

Sponsor

Staff online