• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This has been a topic that we haven't discussed here yet and it looks like a lot of fun.

Here is a link to the Tahoe-Pyramid Trail site.

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.10.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.39.42 PM.png

Link
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.40.30 PM.png

Link

Channel 2 News Report with video
Recent article in the Tahoe Weekly

Recent article in the Sierra Sun.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We met up with a few people involved with this project at Interbike. This is the cycling jersey that they will be selliging to get revenue for the project.

%+jQsZrnR3ajpFq+XhJQqQ.jpg
7hZZJklNT4SEZJEC14Lz2A.jpg

We look forward to meeting with them later this fall and in the spring to see how they have progressed and talk more about the trail.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It was really cool talking to them. Their enthusiasm for this bike trail project is contagious.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
After a morning of skiing at Squaw Valley today, I had a chance to play on some of the Tahoe-Pyramid trail. If you have driven on Rt. 80 from Truckee to Reno, you have seen sections of this trail from the highway visable between the highway and the Truckee River. Last fall I had tried to find the one trailhead in Verdi with no luck so I decided to start where I knew there was trail access right from Rt. 80 in that large parking are just west of the Nevada border.
9hlWVu8xTtaNykIMc0dHog.jpg
I parked the Alltrack and decided to go west and found THIS trail access quite easy, as with finding the west access simple and well marked from this lot too. Heading west starts off on some double track which parts were originally paved at some point but quickly turns into single track. The single track is vey mature and very well mantained, so well that I saw more gravel bikes with the higher than expected traffic, than I saw mountain bikes. The gravel bike riders were on a large loop ride that started in Verdi and went up Dog Valley Road, through Hirschdale then down the Tahoe-Pyramid Trail...all I can say is "good for them".
5QOPcpTzTjOcQDMiOZrABQ.jpg
Back to my ride, I did a 6 mile out and back and I can see wanting to do some more. For the time being I will eat this elephant one bite at a time and check out different sections. There are sections that are more challenging than others but none of what I have found so far has been overly technical and according to the map, they bill it as "green' section and gradual climbs because you are going against the flow of the river but as you get to Floriston is when the trail will start climbing, that section I will save for a later date.
VK0aSnH1SpmIS%rDnHyAKw.jpg
rH4secQCSUKkdLOaPmjnoQ.jpg
QkJsBQYRSNi6Ove%t8N0EQ.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil and I rode this trail twice this week. I think this is going to be a new favorite trail for us.
IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_5657.jpg

IMG_0043.JPG

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I tried out two more sections of the Trailway, first was from Verdi west and honestly, that was miserable, it was an up and down fire road that was steeper in parts than any of the rest of the trail we rode. I took that 2 miles in and turned around, it wasn't enough to even get me to the Truckee.

The nest section we tried was from start of the single track from Hirschdale east. This @Tricia and I, along woth a co worker too out about 3 miles and turned that around and came back. This section was indeed fun with a good amount of climbing, more going west than east, some switchbacks and overall a well maintianed section of single track. Here are some pics...
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0121.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0124.JPG