• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cage Match Comparison TAG TEAM! 2017 Armada Victa 87Ti/Invictus 89Ti vs 2017 Völkl Kenja/Kendo

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Brother & Sister vs Brother & Sister Throwdown!!!
Cage Match Armada v Volkl.png

Here we have another old-school establishment vs new-school ge-ge-generation.When the Völkls were released almost a decade ago, they immediately became two of the reference skis in the upper-80mm all-mountain category: they were new, they were fresh, they were solid, and -- most importantly for Völkl -- they sold great! Last season Völkl changed the shape and modernized these siblings, making a very popular ski even more versatile for more skiers.

Armada has realized that its demographics are getting older, having groms of their own, and skiing more all mountain and not just in the park. The new Invictus/Victa series, with an extended tip profile and moderate flair in the tail, makes for fun and playful skis. You can charge on these to your heart's content, but if you see a pocket of fresh or a little lip to pop off, go for it. Make sure your own groms see you, though, because getting older doesn't mean we have to mature; we need to retain some of that R35P3CT.
  • Why choose the Armada twins? Although they have different widths in their names, they are the same ski, and their sizing is scaled. Pricewise, these skis are a Steals & Deals Winner.
  • Why choose the Völkl siblings? Strength. The Völkls are two of the more powerful skis in the category with a solid Teutonic feel. If you are a traditionalist and like to open it up and charge the mountain, this is the way to go.
  • Other skis in the class: Blizzard Brahma/Black Pearl, Head Monster 88, K2 Pinnacle 88/AllLuvit, Rossignol Experience 88/Temptation 88.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, the "Tag Team" format didn't go over as expected.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have an unsubstantiated feeling that people looking at Volkl are unlikely to consider Armada and vice-versa. Understood this is a gross generalization with many exceptions, but when I look around at who's on one brand and who's on the other ...

I own skis from both brands. Love my Armadas, but was truly surprised last year when I demoed the Invictus 89ti @171cm that it was a bit of a lightweight. I don't lean toward burly skis, so for me to say that makes me wonder if I was slipped performamce enhancing drugs that day or what. Maybe it was the snow, which was pretty dense.

Sponsor