• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

T.I.T.S. (Tuesdays In The Snow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So it was a 'classic' Northeastern T.i.T.S. day today. Started off with just flurries coming down when the bullwheels started rolling. This on a more consistent, softer base than what was in place last week. Then it snowed for awhile, snowed heavy for some more, then a bit of sleet, followed by freezing rain for just less than the time it take to make two runs off the bubble six-pac chair. INSTANT frozen coated goggles. Defrost with hand, and 50 yards later REPEAT. Then back to snow, then heavier snow again. The magic was that each hour the snow got better and better. By around 3:00 it was just frick'n awesome... Oh and most of the folks left after the whole frozen goggle thing, cowards! There was also fog and some wind, but who's counting...
Those that stayed were joyously lapping and hoping the lifties wouldn't notice the time and let us get in just ONE more run, it was that good*.
(* by NE standards after pure crap last year)

We won't even talk about tomorrow... trust me, it's for the best :rolleyes:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
So it was a 'classic' Northeastern T.i.T.S. day today. Started off with just flurries coming down when the bullwheels started rolling. This on a more consistent, softer base than what was in place last week. Then it snowed for awhile, snowed heavy for some more, then a bit of sleet, followed by freezing rain for just less than the time it take to make two runs off the bubble six-pac chair. INSTANT frozen coated goggles. Defrost with hand, and 50 yards later REPEAT. Then back to snow, then heavier snow again. The magic was that each hour the snow got better and better. By around 3:00 it was just frick'n awesome... Oh and most of the folks left after the whole frozen goggle thing, cowards! There was also fog and some wind, but who's counting...
Those that stayed were joyously lapping and hoping the lifties wouldn't notice the time and let us get in just ONE more run, it was that good*.
(* by NE standards after pure crap last year)

We won't even talk about tomorrow... trust me, it's for the best :rolleyes:
A few weeks ago I had a goggle issue also and it seemed like only what was coming out of the snow guns that was causing the problem. So I was riding the chair with some guys and one of them said use furniture polish sprayed on the lenses. Now I have never heard of this trick so has anyone used this or is it bad advice?

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20170207_112237.jpg 20170207_112226_001.jpg
New skis on 6" of fresh at CBS. Mountain was nearly empty and lots of fresh although they clearly needed the snow as some aspects still hiding blue crust. Got better as the day went on. Sleeting in the early evening. Hope it snows overnight.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My last 6 T.i.T.S. have been, counting backwards, Alta, Jackson Hole, Aspen Highlands, Taos, Crested Butte, Snowmass, with no less than 6 inches and usually quite more reported. Thank you ullr.

(*ok, one of those was technically a Th.i.T.S.)

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My last 6 T.i.T.S. have been, counting backwards, Alta, Jackson Hole, Aspen Highlands, Taos, Crested Butte, Snowmass, with no less than 6 inches and usually quite more reported. Thank you ullr.

(*ok, one of those was technically a Th.i.T.S.)

... oh, and thank you Mountain Collective Pass.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
WITS with these yahoos, but it was too nasty on Tuesdays In The Snow to take pictures.
16683106_10212320100023966_990912432_n.jpg

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So as suspected, the trails not rolled were great fun today! (why would anyone roll fairly dry snow and a foot of it at that?!) :doh: :huh: :nono:
Throw in gorgeous blue sky (early) and little wind with warming temps and you have awesome T.i.T.S. Trail of the day was right under the 6-pack bubble, and even though hundreds were looking right at it each ride up few were skiing it (probably afraid since it wasn't groomed/neutered!) Also notable was Big Bang and Punch Line.

Okemo 2 14 2017a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor