• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
What's so great about these boots that people will continue to wear them so long?
They were popular way before I started skiing.
They were comfortable, very easy to get on and performed well particularly for a rear entry boot. Not as good performing as a conventional overlap boot but well enough for most skiers.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Cleaning out some drawers, I came across these adjuster screws from the 91E's I had. Brand new from Salomon. If anyone wants them, send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll be happy to send them to you
91 adjuster screws.jpg

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
If you blow up my Avatar, those are SX70's on my feet and they were soooooooo comfortable. Funnily enough I had hired some SX90s before and they crushed a nerve in my ankle. Thinking it was a one-off, I tried SX90s again in the ski shop in 1981 and they pressed in the same place. So I tried the boots one down in the line or at least one down in the line in the shop, the SX70s and they were fabulous. I got rid of them due to old age (the boots, not me, naturally) a few years ago, and although my modern Dalbello's have been properly fitted and are pretty darned good, I still remember (perhaps a false memory) the comfort of the SX70s.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
3D737B33-514F-4391-A7F9-3415A7ED60DD.jpeg

This was at the pass holder appreciation party at Mt Rose last year.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the metal bar was an add on you could get, once you figured out how noodely the boots were
Maybe it was an option, and my ski shop figured the stiffener made sense for the equippe level and pre-configured them that way.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, White on white! Stylin’. What are the pants?
No clue. I've moved three or four times since that photo was taken, so they probably aren't in the bottom of the ski clothes tub anymore. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to look. ogwink

Sponsor

Staff online