• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Swix Liquid Wax okay for air travel?

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
Anyone here have any problems with liquid wax when traveling by air? It's quite flammable and has all kinds of health and fire hazard warnings on the packaging, but nothing about being unacceptable by TSA for air travel.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’ve taken it along on flights in checked luggage. Never had an issue and never really even thought about it until I saw this thread.

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
I’ve taken it along on flights in checked luggage. Never had an issue and never really even thought about it until I saw this thread.

Same for me, I have taken it on many flights, and never even thought about it being an issue. I usually put the container in a ziplock bag in my luggage so that if it were to leak or spill, it doesn't get all over my stuff.

James

Out There
Instructor
I just took Swix F4 on carry on. Coming back I actuallly forgot about it, and they wanted all the sun screen out.(London). Never took the F4 out. Going over, no problem. Put in ziplock and tape the cover on. It leaked in its bag.

TS
Choucas

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
I don't think that it will be a problem, but to be on the safe side all around I remembered that I have at tin of F4 paste wax. No leakage. Same product.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
I've carried F4 in checked luggage and in a carry on with my toothpaste. It's never leaked but I still keep it in a zip lock bag. I don't know what the actual rule is, but I've never had a problem.

dm

Sponsor

Staff online